The latest research from Macquarie Park Cityscope shows property sales for the three months to November 2017 have decreased substantially from the preceding quarter. Sales recorded in the quarter ending November 2017 totalled $183.5 million, a decrease from the $1.216 billion recorded in the three months to August 2017, and from the $589.8 million recorded to May 2017.
For the 12 month ending in November 2017, there were 87 sales at a total value of $2.490 billion, compared to 92 sales at a total value of $1.377 billion for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Macquarie Park Cityscope.
Notable sales in the November 2017 update of Macquarie Park Cityscope include:
- The leasehold of 8 Australia Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park, a five-storey commercial building completed in 2010 with retail space on the ground floor and 2 levels of basement car parking providing 116 spaces and a net lettable area 6,610 sqm, which was bought for $44.8 million through Savills and CI Australia;
- 144 Wicks Road, Macquarie Park, comprising of the former Peter Board High School site which was originally opened in January 1962 as the North Ryde High School and closed in December 1998 and on a separate title, a childcare centre in a single-storey brick building at 16 Waterloo Road, with a total site area of 59,258 sqm, was transferred at $33.532 million and
- The leasehold of Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park at 8 Edwin Flack Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park, a six-storey hotel with 156 hotel rooms, retail space on the ground level and basement level parking, which was bought for $25.2 million.
Properties for sale in Macquarie Park Cityscope in November 2017 include:
- Lot 16 and Lot 17, Talavera Business Centre, at 1 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park, both on levels 2 and 3 and with a total area of 158 sqm each on levels 2 and 3 and with 4 car spaces, each for sale by auction on December 12, 2017, through Burgess Rawson - Sydney;
- 6-8 Lyon Park Road, Macquarie Park, a two-storey building with offices, high-clearance warehouse units and parking on a 13,340 sqm site, available through Colliers International North Sydney and
- 410 Concord Road, Rhodes, a four-storey commercial building with a north and a south wing and a three-storey carpark, on a large landscaped site of 34,670 sqm, available by expressions of interest closing November 30, 2017 through CBRE Sydney.
Leasing opportunities in the November 2017 of Macquarie Park Cityscope include:
- The Park and Parkside at 5 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park, a complex comprising a 2 and 3-storey light industrial building, a 4-storey office building and a 5-level office building, which has a warehouse space ranging from 1,260 to 5,111 sqm for lease through Colliers International and Goodman Australia;
- Riverview Park Estate at 166 Epping Road, Lane Cove West, comprising two 3-storey office buildings joined by a central 2-storey atrium plus two levels of basement
- Quad 3 at 102 Bennelong Parkway, Sydney Olympic Park, an A-grade, three-storey office building with parking for 133 cars; completed 2004 and a net lettable area of 5,244 sqm, which has office space ranging from 143 to 1,957 sqm for lease through JLL Parramatta and JLL North Sydney.
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope. Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe