The latest research from Macquarie Park Cityscope shows property sales for the three months to August 2016 have increased substantially from the preceding quarter. Sales recorded in the quarter ending August 2016 totalled $769.7 million, an increase from the $30.7 million recorded in the three months to May 2016, and an increase from the $451.9 million recorded to February 2016.
For the year ending August 2016, there were 93 sales at a total value of $1.726 billion, compared to 81 sales at a total value of $585.8 million for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Macquarie Park Cityscope.
Notable sales in the August 2016 update of Macquarie Park Cityscope include:
- IBC Business Estate at 29 Carter Street, Lidcombe, a complex comprising three high-clearance warehouses with loading docks, on-grade parking and a total net lettable area of 57,908 sqm, which was bought for approximately $330 million;
- 5 Rider Boulevard, Rhodes, a 10-storey commercial building with ground floor retail, four levels of basement parking for 495 vehicles and a total net lettable area of 25,279 sqm, which was bought for $138 million;
- 3 Rider Boulevard, Rhodes, an eight-storey commercial building with three retail units on the ground floor plus four levels of basement security parking for 303 vehicles and a net lettable area 16,812 sqm, which was bought for $97 million; and
- The leasehold at 10 Dawn Fraser Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park, a six-storey office building plus mezzanine with retail space on the ground floor, which was bought for more than $80 million.
Properties for sale in Macquarie Park Cityscope in August 2016 include:
- 6 Monash Road, Gladesville, a two-storey commercial brick building on a block of 183 sqm, available through For Sale For Lease;
- 24 Constitute Road, Ryde, a two-storey building and a high-clearance warehouse with parking to the front, 22 Constitute Road, Ryde, a single-storey house, 20 Constitution Road, Ryde, a single-storey house and 25 Nancarrow Avenue, Ryde, four industrial units comprising high-clearance warehouse and office space, with a total site area of 3,667 sqm, available for sale as a development site through Gerard Cole Property Consultants; and
- Avaya House at 123 Epping Road, Macquarie Park, a grade A, 10-storey commercial and industrial building with three levels of basement parking for 534 vehicles with a net lettable aera of 16,161 sqm, available through CI Australia and Savills.
Leasing opportunities in the August 2016 of Macquarie Park Cityscope include:
- Valleyview Business Park at 2 Orion Road, Lane Cove West, a single and two-storey commercial/industrial building and a high-ceiling warehouse with office space and parking areas for about 142 vehicles, which has office/warehouse space of 2,886 sqm for lease through Knight Frank Sydney and Collies International North Sydney;
- Riverview Park Estate at 166 Epping Road, Lane Cove West, two three-storey office buildings joined by a central two-storey atrium plus two levels of basement parking for 236 vehicles, which has office space ranging from 700 sqm to 1,700 sqm for lease through Savills Parramatta;
- 32 Delhi Corporate at 32 Delhi Road, North Ryde, a five-storey building of commercial strata office suites with two levels of basement parking for 186 cars, which has office space ranging from 32 sqm to 1,000 sqm for lease through Glass Property Consultants;
- 78 Waterloo at 78 Waterloo Road, Macquarie Park, an eight-storey office building with 250 sqm retail space on ground floor and two basement parking levels for 288 vehicles, which has retail space ranging from 41 sqm to 193 sqm for lease through CBRE North Sydney.