The latest research from Macquarie Park Cityscope shows property sales for the three months to May 2019 have decreased significantly from the preceding quarter, largely due to the sale of 7-11 Talavera Road in Macquarie Park in the previous update.
Sales recorded in the quarter ending May 2019 totalled $43.9 million, a decrease from the $396.9 million recorded in the three months to February 2018 and the $27.9 million recorded in the three months to November 2018.
For the year ending May 2019, there were 55 sales at a total value of $521.9 million, compared to 75 sales at a total value of $1.654 billion for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Macquarie Park Cityscope.
Notable sales in the May 2019 update of Macquarie Park Cityscope include:
- 31-33 Sirius Road, Lane Cove West
A three-level brick building with a high-clearance warehouse and parking for 79 vehicles on basement, four warehouses on ground and office space on first floor on a 6,505 sqm block, which was sold for $13.65 million;
- A 48% interest of the property which comprises the Bunnings Gladesville development (currently under construction to be a 2-storey warehouse building with basement car parking) to the north-western section of the site and to the eastern section of the site, the remaining Enterprise Park Industrial Estate, originally a complex of eight industrial units comprising high clearance warehouses with office facilities and parking for 400 cars with entrances at 22-24 College Street and 461-495 Victoria Road, Gladesville, on a 37,090 sqm site, which was bought for $11.8 million and
- Lot 1, a 1,354 sqm commercial unit on ground level plus car parking space of 1,126 sqm on the basement level and Lot 2, a 1,344 sqm commercial unit on lower ground level plus 5 basement parking lots for around 30 vehicles, at 1 Apollo Place, Lane Cove, which were bought together for $8.25 million through Ray White Commercial NSW - Sydney City Fringe.
Properties for sale in Macquarie Park Cityscope in May 2019 include:
- The Novartis Macquarie Park Building, at 52-54 Waterloo Road, Macquarie Park
A 6-storey office building with a gross floor area of 9,988 sqm plus basement and onsite parking for a total of 106 cars; completed early 2016, on a 8,060 sqm site, which is for sale through Colliers International;
- Link Business Park Building A, at 13-15 Lyon Park Road, Macquarie Park
A 5-storey industrial building built in 1990 with offices and high-clearance warehouses, undercover security parking for 63 cars and open air parking with a net lettable area 5,563 sqm, comprising 3,888 sqm office space and 1,675 sqm warehouse space, which is for sale through Knight Frank Sydney and North Sydney and GJS Property and
- 13 Chaplin Drive, Lane Cove West
A two-storey office and warehouse building with parking on a 1,453 sqm site, which is for sale through Sutton Anderson.
Leasing opportunities in the May 2019 of Macquarie Park Cityscope include:
- Link Business Park Building B, at 22 Giffnock Avenue, Macquarie Park
Comprising of a three-storey building, completed in 1985 and refurbished in 1996 which has a net lettable area of 7,531 sqm of office space over 2 levels and on-site parking for 118 cars and to the rear, a 7-storey office building linked to the front building, with 2 levels of basement parking for 88 cars and a net lettable area 9,786 sqm, which has office space ranging from 1,000 sqm to 7,000 sqm available through Knight Frank North Sydney and CBRE North Sydney;
- 10 Dawn Fraser Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park
A six-storey office building plus mezzanine with retail space on the ground floor, which has office space ranging from 1,986 sqm to 22,817 sqm available through Colliers International Sydney and
- 2 Dawn Fraser Avenue and 4 Dawn Fraser Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park
A pair of seven-storey office buildings connected over Park Street with two enclosed pedestrian bridges, at levels two and three and at levels six and seven, constructed in 2008 with total net lettable area of 34,543 sqm and 593 car parks over six shared basement levels, which has office space ranging from 1,000 sqm to 13,070 sqm available through Dexus Property Group and Colliers International North Sydney.