The latest research from Melbourne Cityscope shows that commercial property sales in the CBD have risen in both number and total sales value. For the three months to December 2016 there were 81 sales for a total of $1.170 billion, for the quarter to September 2016, there were 75 sales at a total value of $1.05 billion, compared to 64 sales at a total value of $504.6 million for the previous quarter. The yearly figures have fallen considerably, however, with 297 sales at a total value of $3.525 billion for the twelve months to December 2016, compared to 336 sales at a total value of $5.905 billion for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Melbourne Cityscope:
Notable sales listed in the December 2016 update of Melbourne Cityscope include:
- 376 -390 Collins Street, Melbourne, the 34-storey ANZ World Headquarters including three historic buildings with a building area of 30,000 sqm total was bought for $274.5 million through CBRE Melbourne and Knight Frank Melbourne;
- St Collins Lane, at 260 Collins Street, Melbourne, a boutique retail precinct of four levels of retail space with over 60 stores, which was bought for $247 million through JLL Melbourne and
- 114 William Street, Melbourne, an office building of 23 storeys, two basements (with a 106-space car park) and a paved pedestrian plaza, which was bought for $161.5 million through Colliers International Melbourne.
Properties listed as being for sale in the December 2016 update of Melbourne Cityscope include:
- Askew House, 364-372 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, a six-storey concrete office building with three ground-floor showrooms, built 1937 and available through Colliers International and Hocking Stuart Commercial;
- Bourke House, 179 Bourke Street, Melbourne, a six-storey concrete building with five street-level shops available through Gross Waddell and CBRE Melbourne and
- 9-27 Downie Street, Melbourne, a two-storey brick building consisting of first-floor offices above five double garages, available through Colliers International.
Leasing opportunities listed in December 2016 update of Melbourne Cityscope include:
- 440 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, an 11-storey office building with five showrooms to Elizabeth Street, which has office space of 1,047 to 2,711 sqm for lease through Teska Carson;
- 333 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, an 18-storey building with a 705-space car park, which has office space of up to 6,003 sqm for lease through Colliers International; and
- 15W, at 15 William Street, Melbourne, an A-grade 20-level office building with a two-storey retail and car park extension for 300 car spaces, which has office space of 490 to 12,000 sqm for lease through CBRE Melbourne and JLL Melbourne.