The latest research from North Sydney Cityscope shows sales have decreased in total value in the quarter to April 2018. Sales recorded in the most recent quarter totalled $502.3 million from 30 sales, a decrease in total value compared to the $744.5 million from 57 sales in the quarter to January 2018 and the $962.3 million from 71 sales in the quarter to October 2017.
This quarter brings the twelve-month total value of sales to $2.749 billion, a large increase from the $1.975 billion recorded for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of North Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales for the April 2018 update of North Sydney Cityscope include:
- A half share in the former Optus Centre at 101 Miller Street and Greenwood Plaza, North Sydney, which comprises a 35-level commercial building with three interlocking octagons overlapping around a central core, a 3-storey commercial building at 103 Miller Street and the three-level retail complex, Greenwood Plaza, was bought for $347 million. The property provides net lettable area of 37,519 sqm office space and 8,783 sqm retail space;
- 157 Walker Street, North Sydney, a 12-storey office building with basement parking for 90 cars, completed in 1971 with a net lettable office area of 8,928 sqm, which was sold for $80.1 million through Inc RE – Sydney and
- 35 Chandos Street, St Leonards, a six-storey office building with parking on level one, completed in November 1986 with a net lettable office area of 2,190 sqm, which was sold for $22 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the April 2018 update in the areas covered by North Sydney Cityscope include:
- 123 Walker Street, North Sydney, a six-storey office building, formerly Autobytel House with a net lettable area of 1,985 sqm and parking for 15 cars, which is for sale through CI Australia;
- Six buildings on Pacific Highway in Crows Nest, being 457-461 Pacific Highway, a two-storey retail building; 455 Pacific Highway, a two-storey building comprising one retail unit and four residential units; 449-453 Pacific Highway, a 452 sqm two-storey retail building; 447 Pacific Highway, a two-storey retail building; the Arcade Chambers at 443 Pacific Highway, comprising retail shops on ground level and office suites on level one and 433-435 Pacific Highway, a single-storey retail building, are for sale together as a development site of about 1,395 sqm through Taylor Nicholas North Shore and
- Bangalla House at 65 Military Road, Neutral Bay, a 377 sqm three-storey office and showroom building with parking for four cars, is for sale through CBRE North Sydney.
Leasing opportunities in the April 2018 update in the areas covered by North Sydney Cityscope include:
- 72 Christie Street, St Leonards, formerly Westpac Technology Centre, an A-grade eight-sotrey office building (stepped) with basement parking for 228 cars, which has office space ranging from 300 sqm to 3,000 sqm available through Cadigal Office Leasing and Colliers International;
- Groupm House, 65 Berry Street, North Sydney, an 18-storey building comprising 17 floors of office space, one retail level and basement parking for 157 cars, which has office space of up to 2,800 sqm available through CBRE North Sydney and Colliers International North Sydney and
- 51 Berry Street, North Sydney, a six-storey office building with retail space on the ground level and two basement parking levels for 42 cars, which has office space ranging from 380 sqm to 3,500 sqm available through CBRE North Sydney and Cadigal Office Leasing.
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope. Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe