The latest research from Parramatta Cityscope shows sales have increased significantly in terms of value due to the sale of Eclipse Tower. In the quarter ending September 2018, there were 14 sales at a total value of $506.5 million, compared to the $46.2 million from 13 sales recorded for the previous quarter.
The 12-monthly sales value has also increased, with 70 sales at a total value of $789.3 million for the year to September 2018, compared to the 96 sales at a total value of $757.1 million for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Parramatta Cityscope.
Notable sales in the September 2018 update of Parramatta Cityscope include:
- Eclipse Tower at 60 Station Street East, Harris Park, an A-grade, 22-storey building comprising 19 levels commercial office space over ground floor retail and two levels of basement parking for 144 cars and 193 bicycles, completed in September 2012, which was sold for $277.6 million;
- Stratum lot 41 at 153 Macquarie Street, Parramatta, comprising total area of 20,010 sqm in Stage 3 of Parramatta Square development. The development is to be a 16-storey A-grade office tower with 24,000 sqm of office space, retail and childcare facilities and a separate public facilities building including a civic building, community centre and library with NAB as the main anchor tenant. The stratum lot was sold for $45 million; and
- 26-28 Parkes Street, Harris Park, a 910 sqm piece of vacant land, which was bought for $14.448 million.
Properties for sale in the September 2018 update of Parramatta Cityscope include:
- 33 Argyle Street, Parramatta, formerly the Ernst & Young Building, a ten-storey office building completed in 1987, with a net lettable area of 5,251 sqm and 135 car parking space, which is available for sale through Knight Frank Sydney West;
- Capral Building at 60 Phillip Street, Parramatta, a five-storey building with ground floor showrooms, a mezzanine floor, four floors of offices and parking for 66 cars, with a net lettable area of 3,200 sqm, which is available for sale through Colliers International Sydney West; and
- 91 Phillip Street, Parramatta, a nine-storey building comprising ground floor showrooms, eight levels of offices and parking for 133 cars, providing a net lettable area of 5,703 sqm, which is available for sale through Savills and Inc Re - Sydney (now part of Cushman & Wakefield).
Leasing opportunities listed in the September 2018 update of Parramatta Cityscope include:
- 16-18 Wentworth Street, Parramatta, an 8-storey commercial building with parking for 74 cars on three basement levels, which has office space of 3,500 sqm available through JLL Parramatta;
- The Commonwealth Bank Building at 235 Church Street, Parramatta, a four-storey office building with three onsite car spaces, which has office space from 600 sqm to 3,558 sqm available through Colliers International Sydney West; and
- The Lennox development at 12-14 Phillip Street, Parramatta, to be a 41-storey mixed use building comprising 413 residential apartments, basement car parking and a three-storey podium containing retail space on ground level, a Council Discovery Centre on level 1, a conference and function centre on level 2, residents’ facilities on level 3, which has retail space of 3,600 sqm for pre-lease through Stonebridge Property Group.