The latest research from Perth Cityscope shows property sales have increased in the past three months. Sales recorded in the quarter to December 2016 totalled $251.6 million, an increase from the $157.2 million recorded in the three months to September 2016 and the $239.4 million recorded to June 2016. This data brings the 12-month total to $1.302 billion, an increase from the $1.040 billion recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Perth Cityscope:
Recent standout sales in Perth include:
- Carillon City Retail at 680-692 Hay Street, Perth, a 4 level retail arcade comprising 140 specialty shops and Carillon Office Tower, at 674-678 Hay Street, Perth, 14 levels of offices sitting atop the Carillion Retail Arcade, which sold together for $140 million through JLL Perth;
- Quest East Perth, at 176 Adelaide Terrace, East Perth, a 19-level apartment hotel building with 130 rooms, completed in 2016, which sold for $42 million through Resort Brokers and
- Sheffield House at 713-721 Hay Street, Perth, a four-storey office building plus basement parking on a site area of 947 sqm, which sold for $31.5 million through Colliers International.
Properties for sale in Perth in December 2016 include:
- RSM Bird Cameron Building at 8 St Georges Terrace, Perth, an eight-storey building with a curved facade that was offered for sale separately or as part of a portfolio of ten buildings including 16 Victoria Avenue, Perth and eight other buildings in the ACT, NSW and QLD through JLL Perth and CBRE;
- 578 Murray Street, West Perth, a two-storey office building with a lower ground floor and net lettable area of 2,063 sqm for sale through JLL – Perth with an asking price of $18 to $20 million and
- 20 Queen Street, Perth, a warehouse building of two storeys plus basement, built in 1900 and for sale through Lease Equity.
Significant leasing opportunities in Perth in December 2016 include:
- Central Park at 777 Hay Street, Perth, a 48-storey office tower plus 4 levels of basement parking, which has office space up to 8,779 sqm for lease through JLL Perth;
- Transport House at 441 Murray Street, Perth, an eight-storey office building with a two-storey arm to the front, and basement parking for 39 cars which has office space up to 5,793 sqm for lease through JLL Perth and
- State One House at 172 St Georges Terrace, Perth, a 15-storey office building opened in 1974 has office space from 114 to 5,131 sqm for lease through Colliers International.