This quarterly update of Pyrmont-Ultimo Cityscope shows a slight decrease in total sales value, with a total of 35 sales at a value of $428.9 million, compared to 25 sales at a total value of $458.9 million for the quarter ending April 2017. The 12-month total sales figure stands at $1.01 billion for the year ending July 2017, with 136 sales recorded over that period, a large increase to the previous 12 months when the year ending July 2016 had 186 sales, totalling $549 million.
The table below shows sales recorded for the last eight updates of Pyrmont-Ultimo Cityscope.
Notable sales in the areas covered by Pyrmont-Ultimo Cityscope for the July 2017 update include:
- 100 Harris Street, Pyrmont, a five and six-storey brick commercial building with building area 26,900 sqm. Originally built in 1919 as a woolstore in the Federation Warehouse style, and converted to office use in the 1980s. There is a parking area with about 50 spaces to the southern end of the site, was bought for $327.5 million through JLL Sydney and Karbon Property – Sydney;
- 39-47 Regent Street, Chippendale, a six-storey commercial building with building area 3,822 sqm, was bought for $38.81 million and
- Toxteth Hotel at 345 Glebe Point Road, Glebe, a two-storey pub in the inter-war Free Classical style, with a one-storey addition to Glebe Point Road, presently housing the pub’s bottle shop, was bought for $13.1 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the July 2017 update of Pyrmont-Ultimo Cityscope include:
- 212 Harris Street, Pyrmont, a two-storey terrace with a recessed balcony on the first level and pitched iron roof. Refurbished and converted the upper level into four serviced apartments in 2016, is for sale by auction on 3 August 2017 through Knight Frank Sydney;
- 211 Glebe Point Road, Glebe, a two-storey terrace house and three-storeys to Talfourd Lane, with the ground floor converted to retail use with site area of 116 sqm, is for sale by auction on 8 August 2017 through Henderson & Horning and
- Shop E at 82 Mary Ann Street, Ultimo a 42 sqm commercial suite on the ground floor of The Powerhouse Apartment, is for sale through DB Property.
Leasing opportunities listed in the July 2017 update of Pyrmont-Ultimo Cityscope include:
- 80 Bay Street, Ultimo, a four-storey federation warehouse building with four ground floor retail tenancies and offices on the upper levels, has office space of 1,900 sqm for lease through Colliers International;
- 385 Wattle Street, Ultimo two adjoined single-storey brick warehouse buildings, each with a loading dock to Blackwattle Lane has warehouse/office space ranging from 500 to 1,170 sqm for lease through Knight Frank – Sydney South and
- Nora House at 29-33 Balfour Street, Chippendale, a three-storey warehouse with a loading dock to Balfour Street, has office space ranging from 200 to 2,500 sqm for lease through Ray White Glebe and Space Property Estate Agents.