The latest research from South Sydney Cityscope shows property sales for the quarter to September 2016 have increased in terms of total value. Sales recorded in the most recent quarter totalled $512.7 million from 58 sales, as compared to the $276.7 million from 39 sales in the quarter to June 2016 and the $286.9 million from 51 sales recorded in the quarter to March 2016.
This quarter brings the twelve-month total value of sales to $1.447 billion from 214 sales, an increase from the $1.111 billion from 400 sales recorded for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of South Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales in the September 2016 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- Metrolink Corporate Park, comprising Tower A at 201 Coward Street, Mascot and Tower B at 197A Coward Street, Mascot, two seven-storey office and retail buildings providing net lettable areas of 12,700 sqm and 10,253 sqm respectively; together with 299 car spaces and 245 car spaces respectively in the 12-level car park building at 197 Coward Street, Mascot, which sold for $143.4 million;
- 17 O’Riordan Street, Alexandria, a four-storey office building with warehouse and laboratory facilities above basement parking for 97 cars with a net lettable area of 11,907 sqm, which sold for $112.9 million; and
- Euston Business Park at 215 Euston Road, Alexandria, a four-storey office building with a large high-clearance warehouse to the rear and basement parking, providing 7,577 sqm office spaces and 6,873 sqm warehouse spaces, which sold for $92.5 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the September 2016 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- Alexandria Creative Park at 41-43 Bourke Road, Alexandria, also known as The Mill, a 20,176 sqm business precinct comprising 10 commercial buildings, an onsite cafe and a three-storey car parking building on a site of 18,930, is available through CBRE;
- A high-clearance workshop with mezzanine office building on a 949 sqm site at 50-54 McCauley Street, Alexandria, which is scheduled for auction on 13 October 2016 through Colliers International Sydney South; and
- Unit 9 at 8-10 Burrows Road, St Peters, a 244 sqm two-storey industrial unit with two car parking spaces, which is scheduled for auction on 20 September 2016 through Raine & Horne.
Leasing opportunities in the September 2016 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- Office space ranging from 400 sqm to 5,000 sqm in the development at 289 King Street, Mascot, for pre-lease through Knight Frank. The proposed building will comprise a 13-storey building with a 246-bedroom hotel, six office floors, retail space and a 5-storey car park;
- 60 O’Riordan Street, Alexandria, comprising a two-storey office building and two high-clearance warehouse buildings with 100 car parking space on a site of 7,666 sqm, which has 4,589 warehouse space for lease through Link Property Services; and
- The Solvay Interox Banksmeadow site at 18-22 McPherson Street, Banksmeadow, a chemical and solvents plant, including distillation towers, a high-clearance metal fabricated factory building, a two-storey brick office building and several small brick offices on a site of 43,680 sqm, which has warehouse space of 3,168 sqm available through JLL Mascot.