The latest research from South Sydney Cityscope shows property sales for the quarter to March 2021 have increased in both total value and number of sales.
Sales recorded in the most recent quarter totalled $330.8 million from 36 sales, as compared to the $215.6 million from 26 sales in the quarter to December 2020 and the $108 million from 29 sales in the quarter to September 2020.
This quarter brings the twelve-month total value of sales to $753.1 million from 127 sales, a decrease from the $1.549 billion from 212 sales recorded for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of South Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales in the March 2021 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- 58-68 Euston Road, Alexandria, a factory/warehouse building with office level above a lower ground parking level and warehouse to the rear plus a paved area for parking and loading, which was bought for $50.6 million;
- Stratum lot 12 at Unity by Meriton, 256A Coward Street, Mascot, a total area of 31,724 sqm, comprising 3,551 sqm on each level from level 6 to level 13, 8 sqm on each level from ground level to level 2, two parts of total 1,284 sqm on parking level 1 and four parts of total 2,008 sqm on parking level 2, was transferred at above $49.66 million; and
- A 50% interest in 11-13 Lord Street, Botany, part of the Lakes Business Park, comprising two buildings with 2 and 3-storey office sections and high-clearance warehouse areas plus surrounding parking and landscaping, which was bought for above $47.68 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the March 2021 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- Gateway 241 at 241A O’Riordan Street, a 12-storey office building built in 1992, with a net lettable area of 19,277 sqm, typical floor plates of 1,878 sqm and four basement parking levels for 401 cars. The property was internally refurbished in 2014 and, which is for sale through JLL Sydney and Colliers International Sydney;
- Caritas Australia House at 24-32 O’Riordan Street, Beaconsfield, a 2-storey building with paved parking area at the front, refurbished in 2003 and 2010, with a building area of 4,200 sqm on a site of 7,581 sqm, which is for sale through CI Australia and City Alliance Property - Waterloo; and
- 32-36 Maddox Street, Alexandria, a high-clearance warehouse with mezzanine office to the street, with 8 car spaces and a building area of 1,859 sqm, which is for sale through Link Property Services and CBRE South Sydney.
Leasing opportunities in the March 2021 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- 160 Bourke Road, Alexandria, part of South Sydney Corporate Park comprising a series of three 2-storey warehouse and office buildings and a seven-level car park to the south, which has warehouse/office space ranging from 10 to 3,021 sqm for lease through Goodman Australia;
- Euston Distribution Centre at 134-148 Euston Road, Alexandria, a 2-storey warehouse/office building, built around 1985 with a net lettable area of about 7,014 sqm comprising of 5,620 sqm warehouse space and 1,480 sqm office space and on-site parking for 70 cars, which has warehouse space ranging from 2,304 to 6,918 sqm for lease through Goodman Australia and
- 69-71 Bourke Road, Alexandria, a large high-clearance warehouse built in 1996, to the south of the site a two-storey office building and a commercial car park. Building area is 12,490 sqm, which has warehouse space of 3,028 sqm for lease through Link Property Services and Colliers International Sydney South.