The latest research from South Sydney Cityscope shows property sales for the quarter to June 2021 have increased in both total value and number of sales.
Sales recorded in the most recent quarter totalled $652.3 million from 42 sales, as compared to the $330.8 million from 36 sales in the quarter to March 2021 and the $215.6 million from 26 sales in the quarter to December 2020.
This quarter brings the twelve-month total value of sales to $1.306 billion from 133 sales, on par with the $1.302 billion from 193 sales recorded for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of South Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales in the June 2021 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- 17 O’Riordan Street, Alexandria, a four-storey commercial building with warehouse and laboratory facilities plus a single level of basement parking for 97 cars, completed in January 2011 with a net lettable area of 11,907 sqm, which was bought for $159 million;
- Gateway 241 at 241A O’Riordan Street, a 12-storey office building built in 1992, with a net lettable area of 19,277 sqm, typical floor plates of 1,878 sqm and four basement parking levels for 401 cars. The property was internally refurbished in 2014 and sold for $151.5 million through JLL Sydney and Colliers International Sydney and
- Bunnings Hardware Store, at 140-148 Denison Street, Hillsdale, an 11,820 sqm building with 421 parking spaces and a site area of 22,900 sqm, which was bought for $75 million through Colliers International Sydney South.
Properties listed as for sale in the June 2021 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- 22 Burrows Road, St Peters, a two-storey brick office building with high-clearance warehouse to the rear and two car spaces under the first floor at the front, a building area of 2,235 sqm and a site area of 2,510 sqm, which is for sale through Colliers International South Sydney;
- Vacant land at 2 Erith Street, Botany, with a site area of 461 sqm and a 15 metre frontage to Erith Street, which is for sale through Savills - South Sydney and
- 106-110 Euston Road, Alexandria, has industrial units ranging from 62 to 221 sqm in a future building with asking prices from $618,000 available off the plan in June 2021 through CBRE South Sydney.
Leasing opportunities in the June 2021 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- One Chalmers development at 1-5 Chalmers Crescent, Mascot, to be a 12-storey commercial building comprising 12,400 sqm office space with floor plates of 1,500 sqm, two ground floor retail tenancies, end of trip facilities, communal rooftop and parking over two podium levels for over 215 cars, which has office space of 12,000 sqm available for pre-lease through Colliers International Sydney South and Karbon Property Sydney;
- 494-504 Gardeners Road, Alexandria, a single level, bulky goods retail centre of 12,071 sqm, completed early 2004 with basement and off street parking, which has showroom space ranging from 656 to 7,000 sqm for lease through Goodman Australia and Colliers International Sydney South and
- Whole of Building C, Qantas Global Headquarters at 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, the Paul McGuinness Building, a seven-storey office building with basement parking and a shuttle base on the lower ground level, has 14,690 sqm available for lease through Colliers International Sydney South.