The latest research from St Kilda Road Cityscope shows property sales value has increased in the past three months.
For the three months to July 2019, there were 257 sales at a total value of $277 million, an increase from 99 sales at a total value of $61.6 million from the previous quarter. This data brings the 12-month total to approximately $1.006 billion from 933 sales, a decrease from the $1.759 billion from 1,311 sales recorded over the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of St Kilda Road Cityscope.
Recent standout sales in July 2019 update of St Kilda Road Cityscope include:
- 420 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, formerly GE Corporation House, a 10,452 sqm mirror-clad office building of 12 levels including two levels of basement parking for 131 cars; completed in 1982 and refurbished in 1999 and 2018, was sold for about $92 million through CBRE Melbourne and Cushman & Wakefield;
- Unit 1801at New Charsfield, 478 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, a residential apartment with a wrapped around balcony on whole level 18 including five car spaces and two storage spaces on basement level, which was sold for $6.34 million and
- Unit 221 at St James Apartments, 348-356 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, a residential apartment of 382 sqm on the 22nd level of the Tower Building with 3 bedrooms plus study, 4 car spaces and 1 storage lot, which was sold for $6 million.
Properties listed for sale in the July 2019 update of St Kilda Road Cityscope include:
- Landene at 490 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, a two-storey brick building constructed in 1897 in the Queen Anne style and used for many years as a post office on the ground floor and residence above and renovated for residential use in 1993 on a 1,046 block is for sale with an asking price of $8.5 million through Harcourts Melbourne City;
- The Willows at 462 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, built in 1890 for bootmaker Leon Cohen, and significantly altered early in the 1900s. The building is all that remains of a sixteen-roomed single storey brick and stucco house now retaining only its principal rooms. The facade, of a Greek revival style is decorated with low reliefs on classical themes. The property with a building area of 218 sqm is currently for sale together through Allard Shelton Melbourne and Colliers International Melbourne and
- Unit 22 and Unit 23 at Fawkner Towers, 431 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, two commercial units with a combined area of 400 sqm on level one with 6 car spaces, for sale through Lemon Baxter.
Significant leasing opportunities listed in the July 2019 update of St Kilda Road Cityscope include:
- 600 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, a 15-level office building with a stepped facade dropping to three-storeys on each side, including three ground-floor showrooms and an eight-level, 566-space covered car parking area to the rear, has office space ranging from 250 to 2,154 sqm on levels 2 and 3 for lease through Thorburn Commercial Property and CBRE Melbourne;
- NLC Building, 102 Albert Road, South Melbourne, a 6-storey office building with parking space for 106 cars, has office space ranging from 433 to 2,573 sqm available through CBRE Melbourne and
- Dimension Data Building, 11-17 Dorcas Street, South Melbourne, a six-level office building including a rooftop balcony, recreation area and a 32-space lower ground car parking station, completed about 1982, has office space ranging from 700 to 3,885 sqm available through Lemon Baxter and JLL Melbourne.