The latest research from Wellington Cityscope shows that commercial property sales volume has increased in total sales value in the last quarter. For the three months to July 2020, there were 12 sales at a total value of $138.8 million, compared to the 19 sales at a total value of $85.8 million for the previous quarter. For the twelve months to July 2020, there were 81 sales at a total value of $556.4 million, compared to the 78 sales at a total value of $503.9 million for the previous 12 months.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Wellington Cityscope.
Notable sales in the July 2020 update of Wellington Cityscope include:
- Pastoral House at 25 The Terrace, Wellington Central, an 18-storey office tower including basement with retail space on the ground floor and 23 car spaces on the podium roof. Extensively refurbished in 2005 to upgrade the building from B to A grade and a $25 million major refurbishment was underway in early 2020, was sold for above $76.6 million and
- Katharine Jermyn Hall at 100 Boulcott Street, Wellington Central, part of Victoria University of Wellington, a 16-storey building including basement parking for 43 spaces, was sold for $43.1 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the July 2020 update of Wellington Cityscope include:
- Just Paterson House at 11B Tory Street, Te Aro, a 3-storey office building with ground floor retail, with floor area of 240 sqm on a 86 sqm block of land, which is available for sale through Century 21 The Moshi Group;
- 97 The Terrace, Wellington Central a building of five levels comprises two shops in the basement to Woodward Street mall, lower ground retail and three office floors to The Terrace, which is available for sale through Bayleys and
- Lot 4 at 216-218B Willis Street, Te Aro, a 2-storey annexe to the rear in a 3-storey office building. A 378 sqm office unit with a gallery on ground floor and two apartments above, which is available for sale through Bayles.
Leasing opportunities listed in the July 2020 update of Wellington Cityscope include:
- Maritime Tower at 10 Customhouse Quay, Wellington Central, an 18-level building comprising 15 office floors with floor plates of 770 sqm, retail shops on ground and two floors of parking with 54 car spaces, which has office space of 1,482 sqm available through Bayleys Wellington and
- Deloitte House at 10 Brandon Street, Wellington Central, a 16-storey office building with ground floor retail, 38 basement car bays and a two-storey section to Featherston Street, which has retail space ranging from 85 to 227 sqm available through Colliers International Wellington and
- Eagle Technology House at 135 Victoria Street, Te Aro, an 11-storey office building comprising retail on the ground floor, first floor parking for 33 cars and nine office floors with building area of 10,108 sqm and typical floor area of 1,034 sqm, which has office space of 1,036 sqm available through Bayleys Wellington.