Construction Monthly Report, May 2017
The Construction Monthly identifies the major construction projects that are in progress or planned across Australia.
The 175 strong research team at Cordell have identified the following major construction projects across the country.
Download the report for a full summary or click on your state to see a few of the construction projects planned:
- Pressure on naval operations has prompted a remediation proposal on the Garden Island naval base in Sydney. This site is set to undergo a $213 million upgrade.
- TFE Hotels will be the operator for a new 4.5 star Vibe hotel in Sydney’s Sussex Street.
- As local planners pursue rejuvenation of the Northbourne Avenue corridor in Canberra, Doma Group won the contract to develop the former Dickson Motor Vehicle Registry site.
- The West Gate Tunnel project has had the design finalised and a contractor appointed for construction.
- The $88 million Victoria State Library project has been designed by Architectus and Danish Architects Schmidt Hammer Lassen. However, they had some help from the school children of Victoria.
- Expressions of interest from the renewable energy sector are being sought by Economic Development Queensland, for the flagship Aldoga Renewable Energy Project.
- A prominent development site in Manning Street, South Brisbane, is up for sale by expressions of interest.
- Tasmania saw 64 development applications submitted with an associated construction value of $80 million.
- The seven mile beach sport and active recreation precinct project is moving along this month with consultancy tenders advertised for the preparation of the development application and funding applications.
- Expressions of interest for the proposed 250MW government-owned gas power plant have now closed.
- The City of Holdfast Bay Council is proposing to redevelop the Glenelg Jetty and surrounding precinct areas.
- Initial tenders have been called for the Northern Territory Government's ‘Room to Breathe’ program. The initiative is to build additional living spaces into existing houses to improve remote housing, which will increase residential development opportunities in the Northern Territory.
- Finbar developers have submitted an application to construct 440 apartments in Applecross. If approved by council, the development would see construction of three residential towers containing 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments for offer.
- The Roe 8 project in Western Australia is back in the news again this month with the newly elected McGowan Labour Government in negotiations with Main Roads and Alliance Partners.
- A Chinese company has been awarded the contract to build the port and rail component of the $6 billion Balla Balla project.
Subscribe to CoreLogic RP
Data’s mailing list.
Receive the latest news, reports
& updates across Australia