Cordell Market Watch, November Release
Download the latest Cordell Market Update.
The 175 strong research team at Cordell have identified the following major construction projects across the country.
Download the report for a full summary or click on your state to see a few of the construction projects planned:
- Dyldam is offloading a prime north shore development site in St Leonards just four months
after purchasing the site from Winten Group.
- JQZ has purchased the former Darrell Lea factory site in Kogarah, with plans to build a new
masterplanned community named Ramsgate Park.
- Mirvac has now submitted a development application to Inner West Council for the former Marrickville Hospital site.
- The NSW government has released a draft medium Density Housing Code which would allow a range
of medium density homes to be assessed as complying development, subject to meeting specific design standards. Public submissions are being accepted until mid-December.
- The $175 million upgrade of Thompsons Road is taking shape this month with Stage 1 works being awarded to BMD constructions.
- Level crossings at St Albans are currently being removed in another project that is to be delivered ahead of schedule.
- Infrastructure Victoria has released a draft this month for a 30 year strategy plan for the State.
- The Chandler Highway project has this month shortlisted four companies being BMD, CPB Contractors, Laing O’Rouke & Seymour Whyte.
- The Shepparton Art Museum project has announced the five shortlisted designers who are all competing to win the design brief for this project.
- The Queensland Government has targeted Moreton Bay as the next priority area for development.
- The Riverside Marina development has received approval for a 2 stage construction of 2 x 8 storey buildings.
- The University of Tasmania is looking to expand & relocate the Cradle Cost Campus to a site at West Park.
- Jaws Architects are currently in the working drawing stages for a Hotel to be built on the former Westpac Site in Hobart.
- The $250 million upgrade to science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) facilities in 139 State public schools, is officially underway.
- The RSL LifeCare New South Wales Consortium has withdrawn from the future site redevelopment of the Repatriation General Hospital at Daw Park.
- Built (SA) Pty Ltd has been announced as the Preferred Builder for a design/construct package for The Uniting Communities project (Maughan Church redevelopment).
- Further work is progressing at The Bend, Motorsport Park in Tailem Bend.
- Tender activity has been subdued this month, mostly focussing on works for remote communities such as housing upgrades.
- The Minister for Planning has announced a review of planning policy for dual occupancies which currently automatically permits two homes to be built on single dwelling residential blocks of greater than 1,000sq m.
- TEMCO construction are delivering a project including a new four-court basketball for the Wanneroo Basketball Association and includes a 500-seat show court, an administration area and player amenities, to replace the former location at Joondalup Basketball Stadium.
- Senior housing in Carnarvon has been funded
by the State Government including a $4 million housing development to provide 15 new units.
- The Roe 8 project has awarded the contract to
the consortium of CPB Contractors, Georgiou, WA Limestone, GHD, AECOM & BG&E.
- Tianqi Lithium Corporation are building a lithium processing plan in Kwinana.
- This month Blue Energy are seeking proposal for the construction of a new pipeline in Queensland.
- Hess Exploration have called tenders this month for the gas export pipeline for the Equus gas fields development.
Subscribe to CoreLogic RP
Data’s mailing list.
Receive the latest news, reports
& updates across Australia