Download the latest Cordell Market Update.
The 175 strong research team at Cordell have identified the following major construction projects across the country.
Download the report for a full summary or click on your state to see a few of the construction projects planned:
- Dyldam is offloading a prime north shore development site in St Leonards just four months after purchasing the site from Winten Group.
- JQZ has purchased the former Darrell Lea factory site in Kogarah, with plans to build a new masterplanned community named Ramsgate Park.
- Mirvac has now submitted a development application to Inner West Council for the former Marrickville Hospital site.
- The NSW government has released a draft medium Density Housing Code which would allow a range of medium density homes to be assessed as complying development, subject to meeting specific design standards. Public submissions are being accepted until mid-December.
A new development application has been submitted for further redevelopment of the Belconnen Markets site.
- The suburb of Forrest is to have a new hotel developed by the Capital Hotel Group on Franklin Street & Dominion Circuit, site of the former Italio Australian Club purchased by Capital Hotel Group last year.
- The $175 million upgrade of Thompsons Road is taking shape this month with Stage 1 works being awarded to BMD constructions.
- Level crossings at St Albans are currently being removed in another project that is to be delivered ahead of schedule.
- Infrastructure Victoria has released a draft this month for a 30 year strategy plan for the State.
- The Chandler Highway project has this month shortlisted four companies being BMD, CPB Contractors, Laing O’Rouke & Seymour Whyte.
- The Shepparton Art Museum project has announced the five shortlisted designers who are all competing to win the design brief for this project.
- The Queensland Government has targeted Moreton Bay as the next priority area for development.
- The Riverside Marina development has received approval for a 2 stage construction of 2 x 8 storey buildings.
- The University of Tasmania is looking to expand & relocate the Cradle Cost Campus to a site at West Park.
- Jaws Architects are currently in the working drawing stages for a Hotel to be built on the former Westpac Site in Hobart.
- The $250 million upgrade to science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) facilities in 139 State public schools, is officially underway.
- The RSL LifeCare New South Wales Consortium has withdrawn from the future site redevelopment of the Repatriation General Hospital at Daw Park.
- Built (SA) Pty Ltd has been announced as the Preferred Builder for a design/construct package for The Uniting Communities project (Maughan Church redevelopment).
- Further work is progressing at The Bend, Motorsport Park in Tailem Bend.
- Tender activity has been subdued this month, mostly focussing on works for remote communities such as housing upgrades.
- The Minister for Planning has announced a review of planning policy for dual occupancies which currently automatically permits two homes to be built on single dwelling residential blocks of greater than 1,000sq m.
- TEMCO construction are delivering a project including a new four-court basketball for the Wanneroo Basketball Association and includes a 500-seat show court, an administration area and player amenities, to replace the former location at Joondalup Basketball Stadium.
- Senior housing in Carnarvon has been funded by the State Government including a $4 million housing development to provide 15 new units.
- The Roe 8 project has awarded the contract to the consortium of CPB Contractors, Georgiou, WA Limestone, GHD, AECOM & BG&E.
- Tianqi Lithium Corporation are building a lithium processing plan in Kwinana.
- This month Blue Energy are seeking proposal for the construction of a new pipeline in Queensland.
- Hess Exploration have called tenders this month for the gas export pipeline for the Equus gas fields development.