Download the latest Cordell State Market Watch.
The 175 strong research team at Cordell have identified the following major construction projects across the country.
Download the report for a full summary or click on your state to see a few of the construction projects planned:
- The Department of Planning and Environment has approved a proposal to amend planning rules which would allow for a Woolworths in Camden Valley Way Prestons.
- Western Sydney is set to be transformed into a hub for research, technology and innovation with the approval of a planning proposal to develop the Sydney Science Park.
- Plans to build Australia's biggest mega-jail in Wollondilly, which would house up to 5,000 prisoners, have been scrapped.
- The office market in Canberra ACT is set to be transformed with a new development named Civic Quarter.
- Geocon has released plans for the $700 million Section 200 development, Canberra’s largest mixed-use precinct, to be built over 10 years in 3 stages.
- Stage 1 of the Thompsons Road upgrade has commenced construction this month.
- Five architects have been shortlisted in a design competition to deliver the new Frankston Station.
- Pellicano Group has been selected this month to develop the Ballarat Station Precinct revitalisation project.
- The Gold Coast could boast a new $400 million theme park with plans from China’s largest theme park operator, Songcheng Performance Development to expand into Australia
- Harvey Norman has acquired a 2.38 hectare industrial site owned by Asahi in Kessels Rd, MacGregor.
- The Queensland Government has announced preliminary approval for Sekisui’s $800 million redevelopment of the West End Absoe site.
- The Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) has this month released plans for a major redevelopment of Macquarie Point in Hobart.
- Major construction works are now officially underway for the $985 million Northern Connector Project.
- The Adelaide Festival Plaza precinct upgrade is moving forward with the awarding of the Northern Promenade project to Badge Constructions.
- The $15 million Veterans Mental Health Precinct at Glenside Campus will be named after Sapper Jamie Larcombe, who was killed while on operations in Afghanistan.
- Further community consultation is underway for the preferred Long Term Katherine Heavy Vehicle Alternate Route.
- A mountain bike master-plan has been released by the Government in Perth this month
- The Merredin Health Service construction tender has been awarded this month to Pindan.
- Altech Chemicals have this month submitted a mining proposal for the Meckering deposit in the South West High Purity Alumina Project in Western Australia.
- Atlas Iron will appoint a new managing director for all of their operations from February 2017.
- Adani mining has announced construction to commence on Carmichael Coal project in July 2017.