Cordell State Market Watch, January 2017 release
Download the latest Cordell State Market Watch.
The 175 strong research team at Cordell have identified the following major construction projects across the country.
Download the report for a full summary or click on your state to see a few of the construction projects planned:
- The Department of Planning and Environment has approved a proposal to amend planning rules which would allow for a Woolworths in Camden Valley Way Prestons.
- Western Sydney is set to be transformed into a hub for research, technology and innovation with the approval of a planning proposal to develop the Sydney Science Park.
- Plans to build Australia's biggest mega-jail in Wollondilly, which would house up to 5,000 prisoners, have been scrapped.
- The office market in Canberra ACT is set to be transformed with a new development named Civic Quarter.
- Geocon has released plans for the $700 million Section 200 development, Canberra’s largest mixed-use precinct, to be built over 10 years in 3 stages.
- Stage 1 of the Thompsons Road upgrade has commenced construction this month.
- Five architects have been shortlisted in a design competition to deliver the new Frankston Station.
- Pellicano Group has been selected this month to develop the Ballarat Station Precinct revitalisation project.
- The Gold Coast could boast a new $400 million theme park with plans from China’s largest theme park operator, Songcheng Performance
Development to expand into Australia
- Harvey Norman has acquired a 2.38 hectare industrial site owned by Asahi in Kessels Rd, MacGregor.
- The Queensland Government has announced preliminary approval for Sekisui’s $800 million redevelopment of the West End Absoe site.
- The Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) has this month released plans for a major redevelopment of Macquarie Point in Hobart.
- Major construction works are now officially underway for the $985 million Northern Connector Project.
- The Adelaide Festival Plaza precinct upgrade is moving forward with the awarding of the Northern Promenade project to Badge Constructions.
- The $15 million Veterans Mental Health Precinct at Glenside Campus will be named after Sapper Jamie Larcombe, who was killed while on operations in Afghanistan.
- Further community consultation is underway for the preferred Long Term Katherine Heavy
Vehicle Alternate Route.
- A mountain bike master-plan has been released by the Government in Perth this month
- The Merredin Health Service construction tender has been awarded this month to Pindan.
- Altech Chemicals have this month submitted a mining proposal for the Meckering deposit in the South West High Purity Alumina Project in Western Australia.
- Atlas Iron will appoint a new managing director for all of their operations from February 2017.
- Adani mining has announced construction to commence on Carmichael Coal project in July 2017.
Subscribe to CoreLogic RP
Data’s mailing list.
Receive the latest news, reports
& updates across Australia