Being advertised as the Crown Jewel of the Melbourne CBD, the beautiful building at 139 Collins Street has been placed on the market through Colliers International Melbourne.
139 Collins is a four-storey building with basement parking for ten cars. It was completed in 1886 and had an extra level added in 1918. The building was home to the Alexander Club, a 117-year old private club for women, for sixty years. It has a net lettable area of 1,633 sqm and is fully occupied. The building is anchored by Louis Vuitton, which occupies the ground and first level. Other tenants include McNab Lawyers, Glezer Lanteri & Associates, Sackville Wilks Lawyers and Helfen Corporate Advisory. The building has undergone several refurbishments over the years and the facade was updated in 2008.
The vendor is a private company owned by Robert Kearney of Queensland and Edwina Kearney of Victoria.
The property last traded at $16.21 million in 2006.