The latest research from Burke Road Cityscope shows sales have decreased in the quarter to February 2017 in number and total value. In the latest quarter, there were 4 sales at a total value of $6.9 million, compared to the 5 sales at a total value of $7.2 million in the previous quarter.
This quarter brings the 12-month total to $39 million of 21 sales, a decrease compared to the 28 sales at a total value of $140.6 million over the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Burke Road Cityscope:
Notable sales in the February 2017 update of Burke Road Cityscope include:
- 469-473 Riversdale Road, East Hawthorn, single-storey bluestone and brick office building with two double garages to the rear, renovated in 1990 and in 2001, which sold at auction for $3.011 million;
- Lot 14, 7 Cookson Street and Lot 15, 9 Cookson Street at Davies’ Building, 718-722 Burke Road, Camberwell, which sold together for $1.38 million; and
- 11 Council Street, East Hawthorn, a single-storey brick terrace house with four rooms with a small rear garden and car access from the lane built about 1890, which sold for $1.325 million.
Properties for sale in the February 2017 update of Burke Road Cityscope include:
- 642-644 Burke Road, Camberwell, a one and two-storey brick retail building comprising two retail tenancies with a building area of 697 sqm, for sale by negotiation through Gross Waddell and
- Lot 12 (known as suite 107), and Lot 13 (known as suite 108), at 685 Burke Road, East Hawthorn, are for sale together at an asking price of $649,000 through Royaland Real Estate.
Leasing opportunities listed in the February 2017 update of Burke Road Cityscope include:
- 957 Burke Road, East Hawthorn, a shop of 115 sqm with a residence upstairs, part of an older 2-storey brick terrace building, available through Prowse Burns Commercial;
- 8 Redfern Road, East Hawthorn, a four-storey office building with basement parking for 300 cars, built in 2002, which has office space ranging from 543 to 915 sqm available through Gorman Commercial;
- Chiquita House, at 691 Burke Road, Camberwell, a five storey concrete building with parking for 17 cars on part of the ground floor and to the rear, built 1971, which has retail space ranging from 329 to 659 sqm available through Gorman Commercial; and
- 683 Burke Road, East Hawthorn, a five storey strata office block with parking for 20 cars on the lower ground floor, built 1980 and renovated in 1990, which has office space ranging from 330 to 1,156 sqm available through GormanKelly.