The latest research from Chatswood Cityscope shows that commercial property sales in the areas covered by it have decreased in total value from the preceding quarter. For the quarter to September 2020 there were 6 sales at a total sales value of $22.3 million, compared to the 11 sales at a total sales value of $28.4 million for the previous quarter. The yearly figures have also decreased significantly, with 55 sales at a total value of $534.7 million for the twelve months to September 2020, compared to the 76 sales at a total value of more than $958.8 million for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Chatswood Cityscope:
Notable sales in the September 2020 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- 300 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood, a single-storey building with customer parking to the rear; refurbished mid-2017, which was bought for $14.5 million and
- 41 Whiting Street, Artarmon, a freestanding two-storey warehouse building. Total building area 745 sqm, comprising 344 sqm on the ground floor and 401 sqm on the first floor and includes on-site car parking for seven vehicles, which was bought for $3.675 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the September 2020 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- 152 Mowbray Road, Willoughby, a 2-storey brick building of 230 sqm with showroom at street level which was refurbished in mid-1994 plus parking to the rear. The property is on a corner block with site area of 218 sqm and is for sale by expression of interest through CI Australia;
- 216-218 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood, a two-storey building with parking to the rear, refurbished in 2002 with net lettable area of 462 sqm. Part of Central Buildings, erected in 1919 on a corner site of 404 sqm, is for sale by auction on 29 September 2020 through CI Australia and
- 2 McLachlan Avenue, Artarmon, a two-storey brick factory with metal roof comprising of a 680 sqm warehouse with mezzanine office space of 100 sqm plus a 1,000 sqm concrete yard. The property is on a site area of 1,920 sqm, is for sale through Raine & Horne Commercial Bankstown and Sutton Anderson.
- Leasing opportunities listed in the September 2020 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- 387 Pacific Highway, Artarmon, a 2-storey car retail showroom, completed in early 2004 by Maincon. The building, refurbished in early 2012, has total area of 2,750 sqm comprising of a two level showroom, open and level hardstand, warehouse and high ceiling parking area, is for lease through Shead Property Chatswood;
- Solitaire at 12 Help Street, Chatswood, a 14-storey office building with three levels of basement parking for 193 cars; completed in September 1989 with a net lettable office area of 15,349 sqm. The curved facade of the building is of bronzed glass and the building features a foyer with an 8.5m ceiling which was refurbished in 2012 and has office spaces ranging from 280 to 3,700 for lease through JLL North Sydney;
- 67 Albert Avenue, Chatswood, an A-grade 20-level office building comprising 15 levels of office space, a ground floor lobby, a plaza level and parking for 199 cars in 3 basement levels; completed in mid-1989 and refurbished in 2004. The property, with a net lettable office area of 15,047 sqm, has office space ranging from 145 to 1,090 sqm available on levels 4, 7 and 12 for lease through Cadigal – North Sydney and JLL North Sydney and
- 12 Frederick Street, St Leonards, an industrial estate built in 1974 comprising 13 office/high-clearance warehouse units in a four-storey complex with 357 parking spaces and net lettable area 19,300 sqm. Floor areas ranging from 958 to 7,342 sqm comprising of office units and warehouses are available through Dexus Property Group Sydney and CBRE Sydney North.