The latest research from Auckland Cityscope shows that property sales value have decreased over the past three months.
In the three months to November 2020, there were 6 sales for a total of 19.8 million, compared to the 22 sales for a total of $57.7 million recorded for the three months to August 2020 and the 27 sales for a total of $539 million recorded for the three months to May 2020 (which was largely contributed from the $330 million sale of development under construction at 136-142 Fanshawe Street). The latest data brings the total sales for the 12 months to $819.5 million, a decrease from the $972.9 million in sales recorded to the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Auckland Cityscope:
Notable sales in November 2020 update of Auckland Cityscope include:
- 29-31 Anzac Avenue, Auckland Central, a block of 756 sqm vacant land, to be the future development of an 18-storey hotel with 165 guest rooms, cafe, swimming pool, conference facilities, restaurant and car parking, which was bought at a mortgagee auction for $6.9 million through Colliers International;
- 36 Fort Street, Auckland Central, a block of 282 sqm vacant land, formerly the site of a 3-storey building built circa 1890, demolished in 2016, which was bought for $6 million; and
- 73 Wakefield Street, Auckland Central, a 2-level workshop built in the 1930s with a floor area of 585 sqm on a site of 319 sqm, which was bought for $3 million, through Bayleys Auckland Central.
Properties listed as for sale in the November 2020 of Auckland Cityscope include:
- Carlaw Park Commercial Precinct at 12-16 Nocholls Lane and 15 Nicholls Lane, Parnell, comprising two office towers, Quest Carlaw Park hotel and Gateway Park car park building, completed in late 2008 and officially opened in March 2009. The 4-storey office building comprises two wings which are integrated and connected by a central atrium. The 5-storey Quest Carlaw Park, comprises 42 serviced apartments, 414 sqm restaurant and cafe space on the ground level and a 350 sqm childcare centre. The car park building provides parking for 517 cars and 50 on-grade car spaces. With a total net lettable area of 13,309 sqm, the property is for sale through Colliers International;
- 22 Lorne Street, Auckland Central, a 3-storey building comprising a ground level retail area and two office floors, built in the 1880s, internally refurbished in 2009 and in mid 2020, with a net lettable area of 273 sqm, which is for sale through Bayleys Auckland Central; and
- 99 Grafton Road, Grafton, a 3-storey office building plus basement, built in the 1980s, with a gross floor area of 1,391 sqm and 36 car parking spaces, on a block of 1,253 sqm land, which is for sale through JLL Auckland.
Leasing opportunities in the November 2020 update of Auckland Cityscope include:
- BDO Centre at 2-4 Graham Street, Auckland Central, a complex of two commercial buildings of six storeys separated by an enclosed atrium connected by air bridges, known as Building A at 4 Graham Street and Building B at 2 Graham Street built over two levels of basement car parking and a retail component on Hardinge Street known as Building C, all completed in late 2015, which has office space ranging from 323 sqm to 3,200 sqm available through Bayleys Auckland Central;
- Shine Lawyers Building at 52 Swanson Street, Auckland Central, a 16-level building including two lower-ground parking levels for 52 cars, completed in 1989, with a total gross area of 6,000, has office space ranging from 100 to 2,000 sqm for lease through Colliers International; and
- Oracle House at 162 Victoria Street West, Auckland Central, a 5-storey office building with two retail outlets on the ground level, completed in late 2011, with a net lettable area of 8,500 sqm and 84 car parking spaces, which has office space ranging from 500 sqm to 1,080 sqm for lease through Colliers International.