The latest research from Burke Road Cityscope shows sales value has increased in the quarter to May 2021. There were 5 sales at a total of 19.4 million, compared to the 4 sales at a total value of $8.8 million in the previous quarter, and the one sale of $6.5 million recorded in the quarter to November 2020.
This brings 12-month total to $35 million from 11 sales, a decrease from the 20 sales at a total value of $61.7 million over the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Burke Road Cityscope.
The significant sales in the May 2021 update of Burke Road Cityscope were:
- Part of Fulton’s Buildings at 751 Burke Road and at 753 Burke Road in Camberwell, a 2-storey brick building constructed in 1935, both properties have a shop to Burke Road with parking area to the rear for two or three cars, with building area of 174 sqm and 187 sqm respectively, which were bought together for $7.55 million and
- 580 Burke Road, Camberwell, a single-storey brick showroom building with a public entry on each frontage of Burke Road and Market Place, constructed in 1966 and refurbished in 1997, 2000 and 2001, with a building area of 334 sqm on a block of 361 sqm land, which was bought for $6.788 million.
Properties for sale in the May 2021 update of Burke Road Cityscope include:
- 634 Burke Road, Camberwell, a 2-storey brick building with a ground-floor showroom, built in 1938 with an extension of the building at the Market Place end added in early 2009. There is parking to the rear for about four cars, which is for sale through Fitzroys and
- 485 Riversdale Road, Hawthorn East, a single-storey brick building of 152 sqm with a small yard to the rear for parking for one car, on a block of 192 sqm land, which is for sale through Burgess Rawson – Melbourne and Kelemen Commercial.
Leasing opportunities listed in the May 2021 update of Burke Road Cityscope include:
- Stratum lot 3 in CV Two at 141 Camberwell Road, Hawthorn East, comprises retail/commercial space on ground, mezzanine and levels 1 to 3 and parking space in basement level 1 mezzanine and basement levels 1 to 5 within the CV development, which has office space ranging from 300 to 6,000 sqm on levels 2 to 4 available through JLL Metro Market;
- Camberwell Antique Centre at 25-29 Cookson Street, Camberwell, built as a meeting hall in 1925. The building has 2 and 3 levels to Holly Street and 4 levels to Cookson Street, with most of the ground floor used as one large showroom area subdivided into market stalls. A rooftop office was added in early 2001, which has office suites 4 and 5 of 533 sqm on level one available through GormanKelly and
- 277 Camberwell Road, Camberwell, a four-storey concrete office building with undercover and rear parking for 32 cars. Built in 1981 and resurfaced in 1990. The ground floor was extended and an access ramp added in 2003. The building was renovated during the period from 2014 to 2016, which has office space ranging from 200 to 360 sqm available through JLL Metro Market.