The latest research from Chatswood Cityscope shows that commercial property sales in the areas covered by it have decreased in total value from the preceding quarter. For the quarter to June 2021 there were 25 sales at a total sales value of $81 million, compared to the 19 sales at a total sales value of $98.8 million for the previous quarter. The yearly figures have also decreased, with 67 sales at a total value of $254.9 million for the twelve months to June 2021, compared to the 70 sales at a total value of $612.3 million for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Chatswood Cityscope:
Notable sales in the June 2021 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- 1 McLachlan Avenue, Artarmon, a 10-metre-high warehouse with mezzanine office with two container height doors and on-site car parking for 59 vehicles. Building area of 3,295 sqm on a 4,527 sqm block, which was bought for $18.55 million;
- 47-51 Dickson Avenue, Artarmon, a high-clearance warehouse facility at 38 Whiting Street and a two-storey brick office building at 47 Dickson Avenue with a combined building area of 3,657 sqm on a 2,207 sqm block which was bought for $15 million and
- 22 Cleg Street, Artarmon, a two-storey brick industrial building with rooftop parking for approximately 60 cars and gross floor area of approximately 2,818 sqm on a 1,705 sqm block, which was bought for $12.7 million .
Properties listed as for sale in the June 2021 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- 2 McLachlan Avenue, Artarmon, a two-storey brick factory with metal roof comprising of a 680 sqm warehouse with mezzanine office space of 100 sqm plus a 1,000 sqm concrete yard. Total building area of 780 sqm, which is for sale through Sutton Anderson;
- 21 Whiting Street, Artarmon, a two-storey building with a workshop on the ground, office space on level 1 and undercover car parking to the rear; gross floor area is 810 sqm, which is for sale through Taylor Nicholas North Shore and
- Unit 8 at 12 Thomas Street, Chatswood, a 266 sqm commercial suite on the second floor of a 7-storey office building plus a 26 sqm of car space in the basement, which is for sale through Raine & Horne Commercial Sutherland Shire.
Leasing opportunities listed in the June 2021 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- 9 Help Street, Chatswood, an eight-storey office building with basement parking for 140 cars; completed early 1991. The building had a $2 million upgrade in 2010 which include external landscaping and minor ancillary works, which has office space ranging from 200 to 1,205 sqm for lease through Cushman & Wakefield Sydney and Colliers International North Sydney;
- 67 Albert Avenue, Chatswood, an A-grade 20-level office building comprising 15 levels of office space, a ground floor lobby, a plaza level and parking for 199 cars in 3 basement levels; completed in mid-1989 and refurbished in 2004, which has office space ranging from 160 to 1,090 sqm for lease through Cadigal – North Sydney and JLL North Sydney and
- 8 Herbert Street, St Leonards, a three-storey brick and concrete warehouse and office building with net lettable area of 10,556 sqm, two loading docks and basement parking for 156 vehicles plus the rights of carriageway and on-site parking on the rest of the site, which has office space ranging from 400 sqm to 2,311 sqm for lease through PropertyFox.