The latest research from Docklands Cityscope shows that commercial property sales have slightly increased in number and in total sales value. For the quarter to October 2017, there were 21 sales at a total sales value of $385.4 million, compared to 16 sales at a total value of $373.5 million for the previous quarter. The yearly figures have increased in total value, with 66 sales at a total value of $1.717 billion for the twelve months to October 2017, compared to 51 sales at a total value of $355.8 million for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Docklands Cityscope.
Notable sales in the October 2017 update of Docklands Cityscope include:
- A half share of the leasehold for the 664 Collins development, to be a nine-storey office building and will comprise 27,274 sqm office space with typical floor plates of 3,160 sqm, to be developed by Mirvac and designed by Grimshaw; was bought for $138 million;
- 990 La Trobe Street, Docklands, a seven-storey office building with ground floor retail space and basement car parking for 64 vehicles, was bought for $114.5 million and subsequently on-sold for the same amount;
- The development site for One Melbourne Quarter development at 695 Collins Street, Docklands, with an area of 4,504 sqm, was bought for over $8.616 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the October 2017 update of Docklands Cityscope include:
- Unit 28 at 28 Saint Mangos Lane, Docklands, a 137 sqm retail unit on the ground floor of a residential building, for sale through Vinci Carbone Property;
- Lot 101 at 198 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, a 76 sqm office suite on level 1 in Life.lab, for sale through Fitzroys – Melbourne;
- Victoria Police Centre at 637 Flinders Street, Docklands, a twin-tower complex with two distinct but inter-connected office buildings sharing three levels of parking. The towers comprise an eight-level building divided into five office levels above three levels of parking and a stepped building of six, seven and thirteen levels including three levels of parking in the first two storeys, was for sale through CBRE – Melbourne and Inc RE – Sydney.
Leasing opportunities listed in the October 2017 update of Docklands Cityscope include:
- Aurecon Centre at 850 Collins Street, Docklands, an eight-storey office building with retail space on the ground floor and car parking, has office space ranging from 106 to 3,750 sqm for lease through Colliers International – Melbourne;
- 425 Docklands Drive, Docklands a three-level office and retail building, has retail space of 116 sqm and office space of 47 sqm for lease through Pagan Real Estate and JLL Melbourne;
- The Conder at 2 Newquay Promenade, Docklands, a 21-storey apartment building with retail space on the ground floor, has retail space of 117 sqm for lease through Raine and Horne – Glen Waverley.