The latest research from Docklands Cityscope shows that commercial property sales have decreased significantly with 11 sales at a total of $70.1 million in this quarter to July 2020, compared to the 10 sales at a total value of $205.1 million for the previous quarter. The year’s total has also decreased, with 38 sales at a total value of $290.3 million for the twelve months to July 2020, compared to the 58 sales at a total of $585.2 million for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Docklands Cityscope.
Notable sales in the July 2020 update of Docklands Cityscope include:
- Vacant land of 4,411 sqm at 685-691 La Trobe Street, which was bought as a development site by Grocon Group for $67.1 million;
Commercial/retail properties and strata units listed as for sale in the July 2020 update of Docklands Cityscope include:
- A half share in the 1000 La Trobe Street development at 1000 La Trobe Street, Docklands, to be an A-grade tower of 23-storeys and 40,000 sqm with an average floor plate of 2,100 sqm and parking for 243 cars, along with a half share in the 210-232 George Street, Sydney development (Sydney Cityscope Map 1 Property 12A) with the combined half shares having a value of $500 million through JLL Sydney and Colliers International;
- A corner ground floor retail space at Aquavista Tower, 401 Docklands Drive, with total floor space of 261 sqm consisting of lot 101 known as shop 101/399 Docklands Drive and lot 102 known as Shop 102/397 Docklands Drive, are for sale together through Nelson Alexander Commercial and
- Unit B7 at Victoria Point,100 Harbour Esplanade, a commercial unit on the ground and first floors facing Harbour Esplanade, which is for sale at an asking price of $1,200,000 through Killen Thomas - Melbourne.
Leasing opportunities listed in the July 2020 update of Docklands Cityscope include:
- The Gauge at 825 Bourke Street, an eight-storey office building completed in April 2008. The building has a net lettable area 10,362 sqm comprising 9,051 sqm of office space and 1,311 sqm of retail space in 8 shops and ground floor car parking with access from Import Lane, which has the whole office building with signage available through Colliers International and CBRE;
- 380 Docklands Drive, an A-Grade, 11-storey office building, consisting of retail space on the ground level, parking on levels 1 to 3, and office space on levels 4 to 10; completed in April 2010, has a total net lettable area of 14,800 sqm and floor plates of about 2,007 sqm, which has showroom space of up to 218 sqm and office space ranging from 464 to 1,000 sqm on levels 1 and 7 available through Cushman & Wakefield and Knight Frank and
- One Melbourne Quarter at 699 Collins Street, a 13-storey commercial building of 26,400 sqm with retail premises on the ground floor and a 2,000 sqm elevated sky park built above Collins Street completed in October 2018, which has office space in Tenancy 1 (555 sqm), Tenancy 2 (485 sqm) and Tenancy 4 (412 sqm) available through JLL Melbourne.