The latest research from Eastern Sydney Cityscope shows property sales have decreased in the past three months. Sales recorded in the quarter ending April 2017 totalled $141 million, a decrease from the $381.6 million recorded in January 2017 but an increase from the $119.1 million recorded to October 2016. This data brings the 12 month total to $691.9 million, an increase from the $484.7 million recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Eastern Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales listed in the April 2017 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- 191 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst, a three-storey building with ground and basement level retail space and office space on the upper floors, which was bought for $17.23 million through Knight Frank Sydney;
- Hotel Biltmore, at 108-110 Campbell Parade, Bondi Beach, a four-storey private hotel containing 56 rooms and ground floor retail, which was bought for approximately $15.51 million through Ray White Double Bay and
- 93 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, a two-storey brick retail and commercial building, which was bought for $15.5 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the April 2017 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- The long term leasehold of the retail component of the Stamford Cosmopolitan Centre, at 2-22 Knox Street, Double Bay, a 25-tenant centre arranged around a central arcade with 15 car spaces and a floor area of 2,291 sqm available through Savills Sydney;
- 82 Bronte Road, Bondi Junction, a two-storey building, for sale at an asking price of $3.5 million through Fox Property Group and
- 253 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst a retail building with two levels to Oxford Street and three levels and a single lock up garage to Sturt Street, to be auctioned April 11, 2017 through CBRE (Sydney).
Leasing opportunities listed in the April 2017 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- 221-225 Liverpool Street, Darlinghurst, a three and five-storey Federation-style brick commercial building that was formerly a warehouse and was built circa 1910 has office space ranging from 465 sqm to 1,344 sqm available through Colliers International Sydney;
- Lightrium, at 54-58 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills, a six-storey office building with ground floor retail has suites 301, 402, 403, 404, 601 and office space on levels 3, 5 and 6 available through Deans Property – Broadway and Knight Frank Sydney and
- 204 Oxford Street, Paddington, a two-storey brick and cement rendered terrace has retail space of 767 sqm available through Metro Commercial (Double Bay).