The latest research from Newcastle Cityscope shows commercial property sales in Newcastle’s CBD have decreased in total sales value and number of sales. For the quarter to March 2021, there were 13 sales at a total value of $28.2 million, compared to the 21 sales at a total value of $66.1 million recorded in the quarter to December 2020 and the 14 sales at a total value of $14.6 million in the quarter to September 2020.
This latest data brings the total sales value in Newcastle Cityscope to $142 million for the year, a decrease from the $202.6 million recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded in the last eight updates of Newcastle Cityscope.
Notable sales in the March 2021 update of Newcastle Cityscope include:
- 4 Tighe Street, Newcastle West, a high-clearance, single-storey workshop with raked roof with a building area of approximately 1,360 sqm and 924 Hunter Street, Newcastle West, a single-storey showroom building, two high-clearance single-storey showrooms, a large paved area for parking and the Dairy Farmers Building, a 2-storey brick and render building with a clock tower and a bottle-shaped window in its facade, built in 1938, which were bought together for $11 million through CBRE Sydney;
- 451-459 Hunter Street, Newcastle, a two-storey cement rendered arcade building with six car spaces to the rear and a building area of 1,502 sqm, which was bought for $3.56 million through Knight Frank Newcastle and
- The heritage listed building at the Parque Newcastle East Apartments complex, 58 Bolton Street, Newcastle, a 3-storey building restored from the former Newcastle East Public School, which was bought for $2.65 million through PRDnationwide Newcastle and Lake Macquarie.
Properties listed as for sale in the March 2021 update of Newcastle Cityscope include:
- 49 Hunter Street, Newcastle, a three-storey concrete building with ground level retail space and offices on upper levels with a building area of 876 sqm and site area of 375 sqm, which is for sale through Savills - Sydney and Commercial Collective - Newcastle;
- 158 King Street, Newcastle, a two-storey office building, refurbished and re-opened in 2003 with a building area of 857 sqm and site area of 506 sqm, which is for sale through Knight Frank Newcastle and
- Lot 4, 15-17 Honeysuckle Drive, Newcastle West, comprising 269 sqm on the ground floor and 29 sqm of parking on the basement level, which is for sale through Colliers International Newcastle.
Leasing opportunities in the March 2021 update of Newcastle Cityscope include:
- ATO Building, 266 King Street, Newcastle, a nine-storey office building built in 1989 with basement car parking for 64 cars, which has 3,314 sqm on levels 7 and 8 for lease through Colliers International Newcastle
- Whole building at 461 Hunter Street, Newcastle, a two-storey office building, which has retail space on ground of 247 sqm, office space on Level 1 of 145 sqm and on Level 2 of 139 sqm, available for lease separately or as a whole through Knight Frank Newcastle and
- Lot 4, 146 Hunter Street, Newcastle, a 461 sqm commercial unit on level one plus a 4 sqm storage area on the ground level has office space in Suite 2 of 201 sqm through Colliers International Newcastle.