The latest research from North Sydney Cityscope shows property sales for the quarter to July 2020 have decreased in terms of both total value and number.
Sales recorded in the most recent quarter totalled $326.8 million from 21 sales, as compared to the $408.6 billion from 48 sales in the quarter to April 2020 and from the $1.127 billion from 62 sales recorded in the quarter to January 2020.
This quarter brings the twelve-month total value of sales to $2.541 billion from 192 sales, an increase from the $1.544 billion from 169 sales recorded for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of North Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales in the July 2020 update of North Sydney Cityscope include:
- Campus MLC at 105 Miller Street, North Sydney, an office building of 12 storeys with basement parking and shops at street level and a net lettable area of 26,980 sqm on a 6,646 sqm site, which sold for just under $263.8 million;
- A 50% interest in 41 McLaren Street, North Sydney, a seven-storey building with two additional lower ground parking levels to Harnett Street for 90 cars and a net lettable area of 8,230 sqm, which was sold for $31.5 million and
Unit 2 in the Howden Building at 97 Pacific Highway, North Sydney, an office unit that comprises the seventh floor of 463 sqm and 110 sqm of basement parking, which sold for $6 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the July 2020 update in the areas covered by North Sydney Cityscope include:
- Warner Music Australia Building, 39-47 Albany Street, Crows Nest, a three-storey building with basement parking for 43 cars; completed 1979 and refurbished in 1991 with a net lettable office area 3,287 sqm, for sale through CBRE Sydney;
- 170 Pacific Highway, St Leonards, a five-storey building with retail space on the ground floor and commercial space on the upper floors, with basement parking for 129 cars over two levels and a building area of 4,464 sqm, for sale through CBRE Sydney and
- Lot 59 (known as suite 601), a 129 sqm commercial unit on level 6 and a 13 sqm car space on basement parking level 2 and Lot 60 (known as suite 602), an 80 sqm commercial unit on level 6 and a 13 sqm car space on basement parking level 2, to be auctioned together 3rd August, 2020 through Colliers International North Sydney.
Leasing opportunities in the July 2020 update in the areas covered by North Sydney Cityscope include:
- Coca-Cola Place, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney, a 21-storey A-grade office building with basement parking, which has office space ranging from 1,727 to 5,693 sqm for lease through Cushman & Wakefield Sydney and Investa Property Group;
- 20 Berry Street, North Sydney, a 15-storey office building with parking on levels 1 & 2, which has office space ranging from 76 to 728 sqm available through Colliers International North Sydney and
- 40 Chandos Street, St Leonards, a 3-storey office building with basement parking for 23 cars, which has the whole of Level 3 available for lease through Property Fox.