The latest research from Parramatta Cityscope shows sales have decreased significantly in terms of sales value and number of sales. In the quarter to December 2020, there were 12 sales at a total value of $26.3 million, compared to the 14 sales at a total value of $75.2 million in the previous quarter and the 17 sales at a total value of $163 million in the quarter to June 2020.
The 12-monthly sales value has also decreased significantly, with 56 sales at a total value of more than $483.7 million for the year to December 2020, compared to the 79 sales at a total value of $1.145 billion for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Parramatta Cityscope.
Notable sales in the December 2020 update of Parramatta Cityscope include:
- Two commercial office spaces at Rotary Down Under House, 43 Hunter Street, Parramatta - Lot 3 of 495 sqm comprises of 426 sqm on the second floor and 69 sqm on the ground floor plus an 111 sqm car space on basement level and Lot 4 of 426 sqm on the third floor plus a 30 sqm car space on basement level, which were bought together for $8.1 million and
- A multiple sale of retail spaces on ground level at Civic Arcade, 48 George Street, Parramatta which comprises of Unit 2 of 26 sqm, Unit 3 of 26 sqm, Unit 9 of 47.4 sqm, Unit 10 of 37.2 sqm, Unit 11 of 39 sqm, Unit 12 of 33 sqm, Unit 18 of 42 sqm, Unit 19 of 39 sqm, Unit 20 of 26 sqm, Unit 21 of 26 sqm, Unit 22 of 26 sqm, Unit 23 of 26 sqm and Unit 25 of 26 sqm, were bought for a total of $7.655 million.
Properties for sale in the December 2020 update of Parramatta Cityscope include:
- 21 Argyle Street, Parramatta, a three-storey office building with parking for six cars, refurbished in 1994/1995 with a net lettable area 636 sqm and 25 Argyle Street, Parramatta, a two-storey office building with adjacent car parking for approximately 10 cars. and net lettable area 272 sqm with a combined site area of 1,030 sqm are for sale together at an asking price of $10 million through LJ Hooker Commercial Parramatta and Solve Commercial Real Estate;
- Three adjoining properties in Parramatta - 14 Pitt Street, a two-storey brick block of four home units with resident parking; 16 Pitt Street, two-storey brick block of four home units with resident parking and 18 Pitt Street, a three-storey office building with ground floor parking; built in 1994 with a combined site of about 1,886 sqm, are for sale together at an asking price of $13.8 million through Knight Frank Sydney West and
- 106 Church Street, Parramatta, a 6-storey office building; completed in early 1987. The building comprises two levels of basement parking for 41 cars, a split level ground floor retail space of 355 sqm and five office floors with a net lettable area 4,115 sqm, is for sale through Ray White Commercial NSW Western Sydney.
Leasing opportunities listed in the December 2020 update of Parramatta Cityscope include:
- 100 George Street, Parramatta, a 13-storey office building with a single-storey retail annexe to Smith Street, opened in August 1982. Alterations and additions to the building which included a change of the facade colour were completed in mid-2012. The building has a net lettable area of 10,000 sqm containing 8,750 sqm of office space over 12 levels, 1,250 sqm of retail space on the ground floor, currently has office space ranging from 250 to 1,480 sqm for lease through JLL North Sydney;
- 25 Smith Street, Parramatta, an 8-storey commercial building comprising retail and office space over basement car parking for 51 vehicles, completed late 2007. The building with a net lettable space 11,058 sqm, has office space ranging from 1,293 to 2,594 sqm for lease through Colliers International Sydney West and
- 16-18 Wentworth Street, Parramatta, an 8-storey commercial building with parking for 74 cars on three basement levels; completed mid-1991. The building with a net lettable area of 6,400 sqm, currently has office space ranging from 200 to 4,472 sqm for lease through JLL Parramatta and Ray White Commercial NSW Western Sydney.