The latest research from Parramatta Cityscope shows sales have decreased in terms of sales value. In the quarter to June 2020 there were 16 sales at a total value of $163 million, compared to the 13 sales at a total value of $219.2 million in the previous quarter and the $787.5 million from 25 sales recorded for the quarter to December 2019.
The 12-monthly sales value has increased, with 81 sales at a total value of more than $1.347 billion for the year to June 2020, compared to the 61 sales at a total value of $886.5 million for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Parramatta Cityscope.
Notable sales in the June 2020 update of Parramatta Cityscope include:
- 85 George Street, Parramatta, including Perth House, an historic residence built circa 1841 to George Street, a small two-storey stone Coach House and an eight-level strata office building comprising units 1-41, on a site of 2,458 sqm; 87-89 George Street, Parramatta, a large single-storey warehouse-showroom with a workshop and parking to the rear on a 1,353 sqm block and 91 George Street, Parramatta, a 7-storey strata office building comprising units 1 -35 and car parking lots 36 - 67, on a site of 1,518 sqm, were sold together as a development site for approximately $75 million;
- Farrell Court at 37-39 Smith Street, Parramatta, a terrace-style office building consisting of twelve 3-storey strata units with 9 covered car spaces and 11 uncovered car spaces, on a site of 1,395 sqm, which includes units 1 – 12 were all sold together as a development site for over $19.6 million; and
- The site at 12 - 14 Phillip Street, Parramatta, comprising 3,640 sqm, known as the Lennox development, to be a 41-storey mixed use building comprising 413 residential apartments on levels 4 to 40, basement car parking for 320 cars, and a 3-storey podium containing retail space, a Council Discovery Centre, a conference and function centre and resident's facilities with basement car parking over 7 levels, was sold for approximately $19 million.
Properties for sale in the June 2020 update of Parramatta Cityscope include:
- 2-4 Palmer Street, Parramatta, a two-storey showroom/gallery building with parking for 10 cars, with net lettable area of 685 sqm was refurbished in early 1999. The property on a corner block of 600 sqm, is for sale via an auction scheduled on 16 July 2020 through Ray White Commercial NSW - Metropolitan Sydney and Khoury & Partners Parramatta; and
- Six retail/commercial spaces each with a basement car park at The Galleria at 23-29 Hassall Street, Parramatta - comprising of Lot 141 known as Shop 1/23 Hassall Street, a 71 sqm retail/commercial suite on the ground floor; Lot 142 known as Shop 2/23 Hassall Street, a 78 sqm retail/commercial suite on the ground floor; Lot 143, known as Cottage 3/23 Hassall Street, a 113 sqm commercial office including a patio and a courtyard; Lot 144, known as Cottage 4/23 Hassall Street, a 119 sqm commercial office including a patio and a courtyard; Lot 146, known as Cottage 6/23 Hassall Street and Lot 147, known as Shop 7/23 Hassall Street, a 78 sqm commercial office including a patio and a courtyard; which are available for sale through Ray White Commercial NSW Western Sydney.
Leasing opportunities listed in the June 2020 update of Parramatta Cityscope include:
- McGovern House at 12 Victoria Road, Parramatta, a five-storey building completed in 1986 and refurbished in 1989; comprising ground floor shops (369 sqm), four floors of offices (498-655 sqm) and basement car parking for 96 cars. The building with a total net lettable area 2,604 sqm, has office space ranging from 142 to 1,754 through Khoury & Partners Parramatta;
- 9 George Street, Parramatta, a seven-storey commercial building with ground level retail space and basement parking for 43 cars, completed in 2003. The building with net lettable area of 5,000 sqm, which has office space ranging from 848 to 1,696 sqm for lease in June 2020 through CBRE Western Sydney and
- 14-16 Parkes Street, Harris Park, a five-storey commercial building with covered car parking on the ground level for 28 cars, completed in mid-2004, which has office space ranging from 450 to 2,700 sqm for lease in June 2020; agent Khoury & Partners Parramatta.