The latest research from St Kilda Road Cityscope shows property sales have increased in the past three months. Sales recorded in the quarter ending January 2017 totalled $410.7 million from 162 sales, a large increase from the 119 sales totalling $105.9 million recorded to October 2016. This data brings the 12-month total to $690.6 million from 481 sales, a decrease from the $863 million from 840 sales recorded over the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of St Kilda Road Cityscope:
Notable sales in the January 2017 update of St Kilda Road Cityscope include:
- 3A-5 Queens Road, Melbourne, an 11-storey hexagonal glass and granite office building with a net lettable area of 17,720 sqm and basement parking for 323 cars, which was bought for $116.3 million through Colliers International Melbourne and CBRE Melbourne;
- 553 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, a seven-storey office building with typical floor areas of approximately 1,634 sqm, including two large ground-floor showrooms, a 402 sqm penthouse, and a 196-space basement car parking area, which was bought for approximately $70 million through JLL Melbourne and
- 457 St Kilda Road, South Yarra, an eight-storey office building with parking for 114 cars and a building area of 9,534 sqm, which was bought for $55 million through Teska Carson Richmond and CBRE Melbourne.
Properties listed as for sale in the January 2017 update of St Kilda Road Cityscope include:
- 9-11 Palmerston Crescent, South Melbourne, a two-storey concrete office building of 696 sqm, through Colliers International Melbourne and
- 24 Thomson Street, South Melbourne, a three-storey concrete and brick office building with ground-floor parking for six cars, through Knight Frank Melbourne.
Leasing opportunities in the January 2017 update of St Kilda Road Cityscope include:
- VACC House, 464-466 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, a three and eight-storey office building Melbourne of 14,000 sqm, which has office space of 340 to 2,726 sqm available through Cushman & Wakefield;
- 484 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, a 16-storey office building with two levels of basement parking for 225 cars, which has office space of 360 to 3,324 sqm available through Thorburn Commercial Property and Cushman & Wakefield and
- 553 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, a seven-storey office building and a 196-space basement car parking area, which has office space of 735 to 8,000 sqm available through CBRE Melbourne.