The Construction Monthly identifies the major construction projects that are in progress or planned across Australia.
The 175 strong research team at Cordell have identified the following major construction projects across the country.
Download the report for a full summary or click on your state to see a few of the construction projects planned:
- For NSW, the expansion of the Snowy Mountains Scheme is part of a state initiative to increase its lead in renewable power projects. There are also 12 new solar farm proposals in the planning pipeline to be assessed by the Department of Planning and Environment. The proposals could generate more than 1,000 megawatts of solar capacity.
- Winten Property Group is currently developing North Sydney’s largest office building, with a 15,500 square metre leasing deal to anchor tenant Nine Network.
- A 13,000 square metre site on the corner of State Circle and Canberra Avenue in Forrest has been bought at auction by local developer Addval Developments. The company has a residential development planned for the site.
- The La Trobe Valley has received a record $85 million worth of investment in sport funding.
- The suburb of Carrum is set for major works to revitalise the train station and creation of a new village. The project has come about with the intent to remove the three level crossings.
- The $85 million Reef Marina project has been given the green light by Douglas Shire Council. The first stage to be rolled out will include boardwalks and 19 of 85 luxury waterfront townhouses and apartments.
- The coalition Government has approved funding enabling the Mackay Ring Road Stage 1 to proceed. The Mackay Ring Road has been recognised as one of the most significant projects to be undertaken in the nation over the next fifteen years by the independent infrastructure advisor, Infrastructure Australia.
- An architectural design competition has been launched this month for the design of an interpretation and history Centre at the Cascades Female Historic Site. Expressions of interest close in April for this design competition.
- Lenah Valley Primary school is calling for tenders this month for the construction of new general learning areas, staff and support spaces and refurbishment of dated buildings to provide modern learning areas.
- Renewal SA has released more land for redevelopment of mixed use opportunities, along with land for affordable housing.
- The Premier, Jay Weatherill, has announced that a new $360 million gas-fired power plant will be built. The plant will be a fast-start, aero-derivative, 250 megawatt capacity system.
- A tender has been released for the construction of a stormwater retention basin and associated drainage as part of flood mitigation measures for Rapid Creek.
- Following an extended period of rain and flooding, tenders have been called for the upgrade of Tanami Road. In order to promote safety and more effective trade links, the upgrade would ultimately see a 7 metre sealed, dual lane rural-arterial road.
- Works to upgrade the Dolphin Discovery Centre have begun with Perkins Builders being awarded the contract for the forward works.
- The $500 million Karrinyup Shopping Centre expansion project is due to commence in the coming months. Multiplex was awarded the contract to construct the expansion. The expansion includes new retail space and additional car parking.