The Construction Monthly, previously known as the Cordell State Market Report, identifies the major construction projects that are in progress or planned across Australia.
The 175 strong research team at Cordell have identified the following major construction projects across the country.
Download the report for a full summary or click on your state to see a few of the construction projects planned:
- David Elliot, Minister for Corrective Services has announced that the proposed expansion of the Emu Plains Correctional Centre will no longer proceed, due to community concerns and flooding risk.
- High-end residential developer, Aqualand, has diversified into suburban house and land development following the acquisition of a 12.5 hectare parcel of land with development approval in place in Baulkham Hills from the Sisters of St Joseph Convent.
- Tenders have been called for principal architect for a multi-purpose cruise terminal facility at the Port of Newcastle.
- A significant development site in Forrest, on the corner of Canberra Avenue and State Circle, is to be auctioned in March.
- The Owen, Lyneham and De Burgh public housing site in Lyneham’s Northbourne Avenue is out to tender for future development.
- As a part of the $600 million Mernda Rail extension project, the Victorian Government has announced a third station on the new rail line to Mernda, i
- The ancient indigenous site Budj Bim, located in south-west Victoria, has been nominated for the World Heritage Tentative List*
- Seymour Whyte Constructions were awarded the contract for the Swan Street Bridge project by the state government in January, with construction to begin after the Moomba Festival in March.
- Expressions of interest have been invited for a managing contractor for Townsville’s North Queensland Stadium.
- Fraser Coast Regional Council has been the first Queensland council to adopt a wood encouragement policy to boost the development of the local timber industry.
- Early works have commenced on the Queens Wharf Redevelopment project, worth over $3 billion.
- A development application has been submitted this month to increase tourism in the Stanley area in Tasmania.
- A number of metropolitan schools are currently in the process of planning future development or are already undergoing construction. Lend Lease has been awarded the $100 million contract to build the Adelaide New CBD School, a high school which will feature state of the art STEM labs and host up to 1,250 students.
- The Primary Pit Building and Hotel, located at The Bend Motorsport Park in Tailem Bend has commenced construction. The $20 million development, being built by Romaldi Constructions Pty Ltd, is expected to be completed by early 2018.
- Sarah Constructions has been awarded a contract for the Minda Redevelopment, Packages A and B, for 68 retirement units, 51 accommodation apartments and 18 houses facing Retpon Road.
- Project development and concept design services are needed to identify future infrastructure requirements. The infrastructure is intended provide improved road access to Alice Springs through Heavitree Gap for commuters, travellers, and freight providers.
- Georgiou Group has been awarded a $51 million contract this month to transform the Scarborough foreshore.
- A new Open Range Zoo worth $5 million has been proposed for Lower Chittering.
*4 Rooney, Kieran. (January, 2017). Townsville Bulletin. Accessed at: http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/townsville-businesses-flock-to-sign-up-for-stadium-work-after-initial-sluggish-take-up-with-queensland-government/news-story/815f46e91f385188030914f6c7cd8af1