The latest research from Eastern Sydney Cityscope shows property sales’ value has increased in the past three months.
Sales recorded in the quarter to October 2020 totalled $80.7 million, an increase from the $44.2 million recorded in the quarter to July 2020 but a decrease from the $115.8 million recorded in the quarter to April 2020.
This data brings the 12 month total to $315.6 million, a decrease from the $454.5 million recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Eastern Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales listed in the October 2020 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- Trust House at 84 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, a 3-storey office building with basement parking for 17 cars; Kimberley House at 90 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, a 3-storey office building of 956 sqm, refurbished mid-1997 and 9 and 15A Mona Road, Darling Point (not covered by Eastern Sydney Cityscope) which sold together as a development site for $24.75 million through JLL Sydney;
- Gaden House, 24 Bay Street, Double Bay, a four-storey office building with five shops at street level and a lower ground floor, was refurbished in late 1995. Built in 1968 the building, known as a modernist masterpiece designed by architect, Neville Guzman, with a net lettable area 1,028 sqm, sold for about $20 million through BadgerFox and
- Companies House at 74-76 Campbell Street, Surry Hills, a three-storey brick commercial building on a block of 163 sqm, which sold for $5.85 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the October 2020 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- 77 Bondi Road, Bondi a 2-storey building of 188 sqm with ground level retail space, a residential apartment upstairs and a garage to the rear, available through Raine & Horne Commercial;
- 30-36 Oxford Street, Paddington, a 2-storey building with four retail shops on the ground level, residential space upstairs and 6 parking spaces, available at an asking price of $5.5 million through Savills and
- Unit 12 in Spring Street Centre, 51-53A Spring Street, Bondi Junction, 72 sqm on the second floor and Unit 13, 96 sqm on the second floor and a penthouse residential apartment (not covered by Eastern Sydney Cityscope) available together through Mercer Property Sydney.
Leasing opportunities listed in the October 2020 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- 410 Crown Street, Surry Hills, a 1939 three-storey brick commercial and retail building with secure parking accessible from Fitzroy Street, which has office space ranging from 131 to 645 sqm on level one through Karbon Property Sydney and City Alliance Property Waterloo;
- 1788 Double Bay Residences, 20-26 Cross Street Double Bay, currently a development but to be a six-storey mixed use building comprising two levels of basement car parking for 42 vehicles, six commercial/retail units and a cafe/restaurant on the ground floor and 26 residential units on upper floors, which has retail space of 565 sqm across nine tenancies available for pre-lease through Colliers International Sydney and Ray White Commercial Eastern Suburbs and
- 19 - 23 Hollywood Avenue, Bondi Junction, a three-storey office and retail building with two levels of basement parking for 51 cars, completed in 1987, which has office space of 1,000 sqm on whole level 2 and part of level 1 available through Richardson & Wrench Commercial – Eastern Suburbs.