This quarter brings the twelve-month total value of sales to $2.108 billion from 153 sales, an increase from the $1.755 billion from 195 sales recorded for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of North Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales in the October 2020 update of North Sydney Cityscope include:
- 100 Christie Street, St Leonards, a 12-storey office building with parking for 74 cars completed in 1984 and refurbished in 2019, has a net lettable area 10,040 sqm; and 92 Christie Street, St Leonards, a public plaza, the two adjoining properties with a combined site area of 2,466 sqm, were bought together for $130 million;
- 170 Pacific Highway, St Leonards, a five-storey building with retail space on the ground floor, commercial space on the upper floors and basement parking for 129 cars over two levels; completed 1986. The building with a net lettable area 4,464 sqm on a 2,434 sqm block of land, was bought for $42 million; and
- 60 Pacific Highway, St Leonards, a three-storey office building with basement parking for 60 cars; completed in 1989. The building with a net lettable office area 3,020 sqm on a 1,403 sqm block of land, was sold for $33.8 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the October 2020 update in the areas covered by North Sydney Cityscope include:
- Three adjoining properties with a combined site of 1,652 sqm including 454-456 Pacific Highway, St Leonards, a four-storey office building with basement and ground floor parking for 39 cars and a net lettable office area of 1,286 sqm, completed 1975; 452 Pacific Highway, a single-storey 366 sqm brick workshop building with mezzanine offices and paved land at 446-448 Pacific Highway, are for sale as a development site through Colliers International North Sydney;
- A 50% freehold interest of 99 Walker Street, North Sydney, an A-grade, 22-storey office building, completed early 1988. The building comprises three podium levels with retail and restaurant space, and five basement parking levels for 229 cars, which is for sale through JLL Sydney and Knight Frank and
- Four commercial office suites on whole of level 2 at Walker House, 161 Walker Street, North Sydney - comprising of Unit 7 known as suite 201 of 60 sqm, Unit 8 known as suite 202 of 125 sqm, Unit 9 known as suite 203 of 75 sqm and Unit 10 known as suite 204 of 48 sqm plus 2 basement car parking spaces, are for sale in one line through Aspace Estate Agents - North Sydney.
Leasing opportunities in the October 2020 update in the areas covered by North Sydney Cityscope include:
- 140 Arthur Street, North Sydney, a 17-storey office building with basement parking, completed in 1973 and refurbished in 1996. The property with a net lettable office area 8,384 sqm, has office space of 529 sqm on level 3, 420 sqm on level 7, 605 sqm on level 8 and 617 sqm on level 14 for lease through JLL North Sydney;
- 51 Berry Street, North Sydney, a 6-storey office building with retail space on the ground level and two basement parking levels for 42 cars, completed in September 1981 and refurbished in 1995. A more recent refurbishment of the upper levels and part of ground floor at an estimated cost of $2,841,355 commenced in October 2017 and was completed in mid-2018. The property with a net lettable office area 3,540 sqm, has office space ranging from 258 to 1,200 sqm for lease available through Cardigal North Sydney and CBRE North Sydney; and
- 100 Arthur at 96-108 Arthur Street, North Sydney, an A-Grade 23-storey building, completed in mid-2007. The building comprises retail space on the ground floor, a three-level podium and parking for 141 vehicles over three basement levels. The property with a net lettable area 27,196 sqm, has office space ranging from 160 to 14,000 sqm for lease through Colliers International North Sydney and Knight Frank North Sydney.