The latest research from South Sydney Cityscope shows property sales for the quarter to September 2020 have increased in total value.
Sales recorded in the most recent quarter totalled $108 million from 29 sales, as compared to the $98.8 million from 36 sales in the quarter to June 2020 but has decreased from the $478.5 million from 51 sales recorded in the quarter to March 2020.
This quarter brings the twelve-month total value of sales to $1.037 billion from 149 sales, an increase from the $1.028 billion from 178 sales recorded for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of South Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales in the September 2020 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- 12-22 Rothschild Avenue, Rosebery, UNSW Global, a three-storey office building to the south of the site with a metal fabricated extension, and on grade parking for approximately 97 cars and a site area of 5,868 sqm, which was bought as a development site for $41.75 million;
- 24 Rothschild Avenue, Rosebery, a two-storey brick building, formerly a 1922 inter-war period warehouse, converted to office space, with a site area of 2,239 sqm, which was bought as a development site for $23.25 million and
- 41-43 Bowden Street, Alexandria, a high-clearance warehouse plus 2-storey office and parking for 10 cars on a concrete front apron. Building area is 1,512 sqm and site area 1,914 sqm, was bought for $10.25 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the September 2020 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- Botany Bay Hotel at 1807 Botany Road, Banksmeadow, a three-storey brick and sandstone pub of 860 sqm, refurbished in 2015, which is for sale with an asking price of $3.795 million through Danas Property;
- 5 Erith Street, Botany, a two-storey brick warehouse building with a small mezzanine office to the front and a series of warehouse/workshop buildings to the rear; total building area on-site, 1,365 sqm and site area, 2,023 sqm, is available for sale through Savills - South Sydney and
- Unit 13, Bradford Estate, 10 Bradford Street, Alexandria, an industrial unit comprising 257 sqm on the ground floor, 133 sqm on the mezzanine level and 3 car spaces; total area 390 sqm, which is for sale through Furneaux Property.
Leasing opportunities in the September 2020 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- Euston Distribution Centre at 134-148 Euston Road, Alexandria, a 2-storey warehouse/office building with parking for 70 vehicles, which has warehouse/office space ranging from 2,304 to 6,918 sqm available through Goodman Australia;
- Qantas Global Headquarters at 10-16 Bourke Road, Mascot, four office buildings of varying levels, has Building C (Paul McGuinness Building, a seven-storey office building with basement parking and a shuttle base on the lower ground level) and Building D (an office/warehouse complex with two upper levels of office space and a high-clearance warehouse to the rear), has 2,200 - 19,726 sqm available through Colliers International Sydney South and
- Perry Park Industrial Estate at 15-33 Maddox Street, Alexandria, a high-clearance warehouse complex with mezzanine office levels, loading docks and parking, has warehouse space of 5,500 sqm available through CBRE South Sydney.