The latest research from Auckland Cityscope shows that property sales value have increased over the past three months. In the three months to November 2017, there were 19 sales for a total of $362.2 million, as compared with 35 sales for a total of $222.1 million recorded for the three months to August 2017, and with the 29 sales at a total of $323 million recorded for the three months to May 2017.
The latest data brings the total sales for the 12 months to $1.061 billion, an increase from the $935.8 million in sales recorded to the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Auckland Cityscope.
Notable sales in November 2017 update of Auckland Cityscope include:
- The leasehold of 205 Queen Street, Auckland, comprising two 17 and 22-storey office towers built over a two-storey retail podium and two levels of basement parking for 212 cars, completed in 1990. Net lettable retail space of 1,234 sqm and net lettable office space of 25,381 sqm, which was under an agreement to purchase for approximately $174 million;
- NZI Centre at 1 Fanshawe Street, Auckland Central, a six-storey low-rise, open-plan commercial building with a cafe on the ground floor, with net lettable area 9,446 sqm, which was sold for $63 million. The sale represented an initial yield of 8.05% on a passing income of $5,073,725 (net) and
- Principal units B to R in the AA Centre at 99 Albert Street, Auckland Central, comprising retail shops, 13 floors of offices and 95 car spaces, total net lettable area of 12,219 sqm, which was sold for $47 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the November 2017 of Auckland Cityscope include:
- 7-13 East Street, Newton, a two-storey brick church with a Kauri interior, built in 1928, and a community hall built in the 1960s. Gross floor area of 930 sqm on a 878 sqm site, for sale through Bayleys Auckland Central;
- 204 Hobson Street, Auckland Central, a single-storey workshop on a 506 sqm site, for sale through Barfoot & Thompson Commercial and
- Hamburg Sud House at 52 Symonds Street, Grafton, an oval 11-storey office building with 3 parking levels for 70 cars, gross floor area of 4,230 sqm, for sale through Bayleys Auckland Central.
Leasing opportunities in the November 2017 update of Auckland Cityscope include:
- 82 Wyndham Street, Auckland, a five-storey commercial building, with retail showrooms on the ground, which has office space ranging from 1,005 to 1,577 sqm available through Colliers International NZ;
- Hangar 54 at 54 Cook Street, Auckland, a five-storey office building with ground level parking for 33 cars, building was renovated in 1990 and facade was refurbished in 1995, which has office space ranging from 1,237 to 3908 sqm available through Colliers International NZ and Metro Commercial and
- Acrossia House at 155 Queen Street, Auckland, an 18-storey building comprises a basement, ground floor retail space, first floor retail (ground floor uphill along Wyndham Street), three levels of parking for 65 cars, 11 office floors and a residential unit on the top level, has office space of 716 sqm on level 11 available through CBRE Auckland.
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope. Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe