The latest research from Brisbane Fringe Cityscope shows property sale figures have significantly increased in the past three months. The last three months to the beginning of February 2019 recorded 28 sales for a total of $601.9 million, $581.2 million for commercial, $6.5 million for commercial strata, $3.6 million for retail, $3.4 million for retail strata and $7.2 million for other.
In comparison, the last three months to the beginning of November 2018 recorded 25 sales for a total of $410.5 million, $184.2 million for commercial, $6.9 million for commercial strata, $180.2 million for retail, $3.3 million for retail strata and $35.7 million for other.
The 12 months leading up to early February 2019 recorded 99 sales for a total of $1.229 billion, more than $218 million more than the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Brisbane Fringe Cityscope:
Together the top sales recorded this quarter total over $506 million, these sales include:
100 Skyring Terrace, Newstead, a 13-storey office building on the edge of Fortitude Valley, has been sold by two Charter Hall Funds for $250 million (td 07.12.2018) to Growthpoint Properties Australia Limited. The sale, which was negotiated by Flint Davidson, Bruce Baker and Tom Philips of CBRE Brisbane, represented an initial yield of 6.10% on passing income of $15.25 million. The office building was completed in 2014 and has typical floor plates range between 2,200 sqm to 2,813 sqm.
Another 13-storey office building at 825 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley was sold for $169.5 million (td 02.11.2018) to Centuria Metropolitan REIT. The building was completed in 2013 as stage 1 of the M&A development; it includes around 18,937 sqm of space. Centuria Metropolitan REIT also purchased a six-storey office building at 100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley for $86.5 million (td 02.11.2018). Agents from JLL Brisbane and CBRE Brisbane negotiated both sales to Centuria. The properties were for sale as part of a four-tower portfolio comprising 825 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley, 100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley, 818 Bourke Street, Docklands (Docklands Cityscope map 8C, property 3) and 465 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood (Chatswood Cityscope Map 7, property 12).
Properties for sale include:
- 226 Leichhardt Street, Spring Hill – a two-storey, 407 sqm building with ground floor retail and upper level office space. For sale by expressions of interest, closing February 21, 2019; agent, C Property Qld (Danilo Maruca and Carl Charalambous).
- 52 Amelia Street, Fortitude Valley – a two-storey, 360 sqm warehouse and office building. The property includes car parking for five vehicles. For sale for offers to purchase; agent, Richardson & Wrench Brisbane (Steve Black and Andrew Kelly).
- Vaya Place, 451-455 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley – a six-storey office building which was completed in early 2011. The building has around 1,553 sqm of space and typical floor sizes of around 333 sqm. For sale by offers to purchase; agent, Cushman & Wakefield (Andrew Gard and Michael Gard).
Properties under contract (conditional or unconditional) include:
- 36 Little Edward Street, Spring Hill – a 410 sqm vacant block of land. Under conditional contract; agent, Ray White Commercial Brisbane (Nick Wedge and John Dwyer).
- 50 Morgan Street, Fortitude Valley – a single-storey weatherboard building, used commercially. Under contract unconditionally with settlement expected mid-2019; agent, Richardson & Wrench Commercial Brisbane (Steve Black and Andrew Kelly).
- 223 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley – a single-storey warehouse building. Net lettable area, 1,146 sqm. Under contract unconditionally; agents, Savills Brisbane (Jack Morrison and Nick Russell) and Colliers International (Hunter Higgins and Sam Stubbings).