The latest research from Chapel Street Cityscope shows that commercial property sales have decreased in the past three months. Sales recorded in the quarter ending August 2017 totalled $22.3 million from 6 sales, compared with $25.3 million from 10 sales in the three months to May 2017 and $26.6 million from 9 sales in the three months to February 2017.
This data brings the 12 month total to $77.2 million from 28 sales, a decrease from the previous twelve month total of $635.9 million from 44 sales.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Chapel Street Cityscope.
Notable sales recorded in the August 2017 update of Chapel Street Cityscope include:
- 36-40 Toorak Road, South Yarra, a two-storey brick and corrugated iron strata building with two shops at street level and offices above, which sold for $9.5 million;
- Shop 1, a shop on the northern side of the ground floor; shop 2, a shop on the southern side of the ground floor and lot 3, a 300-sqm commercial unit comprising the whole of level 1, all at 228-230 Chapel Street, South Yarra, which sold at auction for $5.795 million and
- 479 Chapel Street, South Yarra, a two-storey Victorian retail building with a ground floor shop and a site area of 147 sqm, which sold at auction for $2.72 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the August 2017 update of Chapel Street Cityscope include:
- 393 Chapel Street, South Yarra, a two-storey retail building, with a single-storey addition to the rear with parking for two cars on a 168 sqm site, for sale through Teska Carson;
- 207 Commercial Road, South Yarra, a two-storey retail building on a 135 sqm site, to be auctioned 8 September, 2017 through Beller Commercial and
- 376 Chapel Street, South Yarra, a two-storey retail building on a 210 sqm site, to be auctioned on September 1, 2017 through Beller Commercial.
Leasing opportunities listed in the August 2017 update of Chapel Street Cityscope include:
- 276 Chapel Street, Prahran, a two-storey brick building to Chapel Street, built behind the facades of part of the former Johnson's Building (circa 1887) to the north, and part of a former terrace row (circa 1886) to the south, has retail space of 330 sqm on ground and 220 sqm on level 1 for lease through Fitzroys - Melbourne;
- 257A Chapel Street, Prahran, a two-storey brick building with ground level shops and offices above, has whole level of 222 sqm office space on level 1 for lease through Gross Waddell and
- 225 Chapel Street, Prahran, a three-storey building with a shop at street level, has retail space of 150 sqm for lease through L R Reed Real Estate.
- CoreLogic Australia Commercial
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope. Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe