The latest research from North Sydney Cityscope shows sales have increased in total value in the quarter to October 2018. Sales recorded in the most recent quarter totalled $466.3 million from 33 sales, an increase in total value compared to the $403.4 million from 46 sales in the quarter to July 2018 but a decrease from the $502.4 million from 30 sales in the quarter to April 2018.
This quarter brings the twelve-month total value of sales to $2.031 billion, a decrease from the $2.349 billion recorded for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of North Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales for the October 2018 update of North Sydney Cityscope include:
- A 50% interest in Northpoint at 100 Miller Street, North Sydney, a 44-storey office building with a two-level arcade of specialty shops and basement parking for 423 cars over 6 levels and a building area of 35,162 sqm and a 10-storey hotel, 187-room Vibe Hotel, located to the northern end of the site, built during a $130 million redevelopment of the retail arcade including alterations and additions to podium to include supermarket, retail and food premises, which was bought for $300 million through Knight Frank Sydney;
- 80 Mount Street, McMahons Point, a building of 18 levels comprising ground floor retail, 14 upper levels of offices, and 3 levels of basement parking for 48 cars with a net lettable area of 6,204 sqm, which was bought for $71 million through Knight Frank North Sydney and CBRE and
- 88 Walker Street, North Sydney, a nine-storey office building with first floor parking for 19 cars with a net lettable area of 3,064 sqm, which was bought for $32.25 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the October 2018 update in the areas covered by North Sydney Cityscope include:
- Ogilvy House at 72 Christie Street, St Leonards, an A-grade eight-storey stepped office building with basement parking for 222 cars with a net lettable area of 11,259 sqm and a site area of 2,815 sqm, which is for sale through Knight Frank Sydney, Knight Frank North Sydney and JLL Sydney;
- A planned future building at 118 Mount Street, North Sydney, which will be a 29-storey commercial office building of 20,000 sqm with basement parking over 3 levels for 33 vehicles, which is for sale through Cushman & Wakefield and
- Majority 79.19% of unit entitlement at 26 Ridge Street, North Sydney, a ten-storey commercial strata building with parking to the rear, which is for sale through Savills.
Leasing opportunities in the October 2018 update in the areas covered by North Sydney Cityscope include:
- 170 Pacific Highway, McMahons Point, a five-storey building with retail space on the ground floor and commercial space on the upper floors, with basement parking for 129 cars, which has office space ranging from 300 to 1,200 sqm available through Cadigal Office Leasing and CBRE;
- 141 Walker Street, North Sydney, a 24-storey office building with basement parking for 209 cars, ground floor retail space and landscaped terrace and forecourt, ground and upper ground level shops and restaurant, and 22 floors of offices, which has office space ranging from 200 to 1,873 sqm available through CBRE Sydney North and Dexus Property Group and
- Metropolitan Residences at 7-19 Albany Street, Crows Nest, a 16-storey building comprising 125 residential apartments, retail and commercial space on ground and level 1 plus 2 levels basement parking for 102 cars has retail space ranging from 93 to 1,045 sqm available through CBRE Sydney North.