Award winning broker, Jeremy Fisher, of 1st Street Home Loans, claims great brokers should treat their trail commission as a kind of ‘management fee’, and invest trail back into looking after existing clients.
Recently awarded the coveted Best Customer Service award at the Australian Mortgage Awards, Fisher believes that concentrating on giving the best service to his current client book has been key to his success.
In an interview with Mortgage Professional Australia Magazine, Mr Fisher advocates investing time and resources into existing clients to ensure their on-going experience is rewarding and simple and easy. So successful is this approach that almost all of 1st Street’s new business comes via referrals from existing clients.
“The proof is in the pudding given that other brokers are sourcing all their business from paid leads or websites, SEO and AdWords and paying referrers to give them business, whereas our existing clients are our biggest supporters,” Mr Fisher confirms.
Clients of 1st Street are also contacted at a minimum of 14 touch points per year, including personalised, client-specific newsletters at relevant times.
You too can ensure you create a strong brand by regularly touching base with your clients and prospects providing them with local market property insights. There are many tools freely available in the rp.professional property system and other media outlets provided by RP Data.
Mr Fisher concludes by saying, “Service is a simple thing. It’s free and it takes just a couple of extra minutes out of your day to provide that little bit extra and it’s not that hard. I’m pretty busy; I’m doing a lot of loans and I’m looking after eight brokers, but I never want a client to feel like they’re waiting for me.”
Notes from the editor:
Generate branded property reports in minutes to pass on to your clients (CMAs, AVMs, Suburbs Stats, Auction reports, On The Market reports, Rental CMA and more – watch video on custom reports here).
Use the latest property information each week to relay key insights and relative information from content provided by the RP Data research team:
- Research articles, blogs and market wrap from the weekly property pulse newsletter
- Weekly Market Trends Report (view this week’s market trends report) – email [email protected] with your account no. if you would like to be on this distribution list (RP Data subscribers only)
- Suburbs Scorecard subscription allows you to write hyper content property insights from a suburb perspective (watch video here)
- The monthly housing marketing update on YouTube, presented by Tim Lawless (watch this month’s update here)
- Monthly RP Data-Rismark Home Value Index (view this month’s release here)
- Monthly Economic & Housing Market Chart Pack (view this months here)
This type of content is even more beneficial for you to drive valuable content in your social media channels.
For more information on how RP Data can help you provide outstanding client service, phone 1300 734 318 today to see the difference that RP Data can make or log in to rp.professional.